Decarboxylation naturally over time

Discussion in 'Edibles' started by epilepticme, Jan 3, 2015.

1. epilepticme

epilepticme Registered+

Hey everyone! It has been a while since I posted. Life has been busy. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I know the importance of converting all of the thca to thc before extraction. I also know the simple process of converting the thca with heat. Furthermore I know that over time thca naturally releases the extra molecules.

With that said:

How long does it take to happen naturally? Would it even be worth the bother to get the material from 9/2013 in the oven?

It is time for some ghee :eat::eat::eat::eat:

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTRave420

DTRave420 Registered+

I'd say it happened already,(in 2013). Hopefully you cured and stored in a cool dark place such as the fridge or the freezer as light and heat are the enemies of THC as far as degradation goes and you're talking about a year+++...

• Like Like x 2
  3. epilepticme

epilepticme Registered+

Honestly I am not sure how it was stored. It was a freebie. Def not worthy of a pipe or vape but enough quantity to not waste it. I am just going to run with the fat extraction. No sense smelling up the house with the oven :thumbsup:

TY

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTRave420

DTRave420 Registered+

Waste not,want not,pick it up and eat it...(Chrissie Hynde)

• Like Like x 1
  5. painretreat

painretreat Registered+

Please post your results. I aged some for a year-in mason jars, the brownies don't mess with my balance...:eat:mission accomplished. :Rasta: pr

• Like Like x 1
  6. epilepticme

epilepticme Registered+

Mildly sedating at best. I would not bother to run such material again. Compost :(

• Like Like x 1