Do I have the correct grow lights?

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Gary Bo, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Gary Bo

Gary Bo Registered

Hi to my fellow smokers.

I have been growing outdoors for several years. This year I decided to go indoor and have designed a 24 sf room (8' x 3') with over 8' in height. I recently bought two "BESTVA 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower" and am now wondering if 3000 w is too much light for my area.

2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Welcome aboard, Gary.

That light is actually 280 watts, so you will have 560 total. It won't be too much, you will have to run them for a while to see if they are up to the task, possibly add another when in flower.
  3. Gary Bo

Gary Bo Registered

Thanks Gene, I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to hear if from an expert.
  4. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Thanks, but I'm no expert. :) Most LED manufacturers use these "equivalent to" power ratings. Bestva was honest enough to include the actual rating in the specification list. Give them a whirl and see how they perform. Best of luck to you.
  5. Habinar

Habinar Registered

Some time ago I've used for the same area less watts and everything was OK. So, I think 3000 w will be more then normal. Good luck man.
  6. ChristopherAndrews

ChristopherAndrews Registered

Yes, that led is perfect! ;)
  7. Deville-M

Deville-M Registered

What is draw power of this light? Usually, 35--50W/sf draw power needed for bloom