Do Vaporizers conserve or waste weed?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Candnloveweed420, Jan 14, 2008.

AL MUSCARA Registered

I just purchased a PAX2....I have used a volcano and really enjoyed it. So I went and purchased a PAX2. I do think you use more weed with the vap tool...of you don't use the remains in the bowl/oven. Use this product for an edible. Then there is no waste and it's a great experience!
  2. I used the black widow vaporizer which can put into 0.45 grams herbs into it.
    It's really a big oven.:doublethumbs:
  3. MaddieQQQ

MaddieQQQ Registered

My most important factors are:
    -quick start
    -one hit and return later
    -not waste weed
  4. COweed

COweed Registered+

For what they do, vape pens are pretty cool. I would say they conserve.
  5. GrowGoddess

GrowGoddess Registered+

vaping and smoking are quite wasteful. Vaping can be useful for special needs. If you want to be buzzed 24/7 and get the best bang for your bud, I would have to say Rick Simpson Oil. Try eating 3 drops per day. Don't judge it on the first drop :)
    I do love vaping oil though, but it is not that efficient.
  6. Side8Studio

Side8Studio Registered

Here is some results from a Lab! vaporizers prolong the length that the flower will burn because it uses a different temperature than a lighter. It releases the THC and even after it is burnt up, there is still THC% leftover in the residuals. MCR labs has a lot of cool info on vaporizers and terpene intake. Check out their site or instagram. They're releasing a coffee table book soon as well :)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Barbara Martin

Barbara Martin Registered+

Not only you can save more weed with a vape but also it’s good for your lungs...but only burning the THC and no plant matter you cut down on a lot of the harsher things entering your lungs
  8. Stoner Pros

Stoner Pros Registered

my Volcano Digit was the best purchase I've ever made in my life. It's paid for itself 10x over at least. There may be other vapes that are also good, but nothing comes close to the volcano imo, plus smoking in a bag is 10x more pleasant than using a whip. 1 gram lasts me and my girlfriend 2 days in the volcano. In a bong 1 gram lasts about half a day, I'd say it's 4x as efficient EASILY, plus I get to make edibles or hash/shatter with the vaped weed. NOTHING comes close.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Egzoset

Egzoset Registered+

Salutations Stoner Pros,

Vaporization does help to reduce recurrent costs indeed, for example i can divide 1 g into 6 ~ 8 bowls and obtain some 6 ~ 8 tokes per bowl, ranging from rich to fair. In other words that's more toking than i'm used to require on a daily basis! One difference being that a pipe even radically modiffied as mine still remains relatively affordable, near the 100 Canuck bucks threshold i shall argue...

Ah! Ah! I know the feeling. M'well it seems it's up to the task, so that's not too bad for an initiation! Welcome to the vaporist realm.

Good day, have fun!! :D
  10. 420 Weed Mart

420 Weed Mart Registered

Vaping definitely saves weed ( even without smoking your vaped material ;) )
    saves even more if you smoke the vaped stuff :p
  11. Swan Town

Swan Town Registered+

thanks for the info
  12. Any recommendations on the best portable vape to buy? (Not the volcano -- something I can take in the car)
  13. John Williams

John Williams Registered

I certainly think convection vaporizers conserve your weed, but I feel the reverse is true of conduction vapes.
    Whilst your not drawing on a conduction vape, your weed is still cooking. The vital oils, the cannabinoids arte drifting off.
    With a convection vape, everything stops when you stop sucking (usually)
    Things like the Firefly 2 and the Boumdless CFV are electronic convection vapes. I have a Firefly. It's ok, but there's a learning curve.
    The Boundless CFV sounds dead easy to use, is cheaper, and looks a lot more "stealth". I haven't tried it.
    Other popular portables, like the Davinci IQ, and The Crafty, claim to be hybrid, but mainly they are conduction. Your weed is cooked in a oven and carries on cooking when you put it down
    Personally, I've recently become an analog vaper. I use a butane torch. I still have a Firefly, an IQ, and a Crafty, but none of them are as good as these, so they're in the drawer.
    I'd recommend the remarkable Dynavap M (£49), the Lotus (£99), and the Stickybrick Junior (£117)
    Lots of Youtube videos about them, check them out.
    Actually, I wouldn't use any of my three in the car. (Try the Boundless CFV). They make it look like you're doing something far worse than you are :)
    But check em out anyway, for £49 the Dynavap M, gives a great, on demand, convection vape, and it's been hand made in the US and will last you forever.
    There is nothing to fail.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Adabldo

Adabldo Registered+

I agree, The waste from putting direct fire not only activates the THC before It can be utilized, the heat will also decarboxylize most of the THC changing the molecular compounds thus changing the actual effect. Have you ever smoked a bowl of resin back in the day? You got high but it was different. Well if a vaporizer is used, for flower or concentrates, the chance for decarboxylization is reduced dramatically. Not to mention it is much less damaging for your lungs.

For Flower? I personally use a portable dry herb vape. The reason is this, I do not need a 6 foot bag filled with stale vape clouds. Simple, affordable, and will not waste your weed.

Check out this demo Vid on the hecig Rhino.

This is my stuff yo!!!!
  15. Adabldo

Adabldo Registered+

ADabLDo just fine... Thank you sir may I have another

Well here it goes. Dry Heb vapes do conserve your pot. Do not run it on max heat, anywhere from around 380 and 410 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the strain and the moisture content.

If you are freight training weed anything is going to waste it.

I have a Volcano, Vapor Brothers, Silver Surfer, and plenty of handheld devices. I purchase these for research to find what I want to sell.

My take is this, Your heat delivery and chamber size have some kind of equation I do not know. But...

In my experience most hand held devices conserve pot better, the chamber is smaller and easier to control than one of those table top rigs.

I load not even a 1/4 gram into my Rhino and I rock the 412 degrees, I will get 15 tokes and then the product is a dark brown but no burning charred pot in the oven.

Practice makes perfect and do not be over sold, there are plenty of 50-90 dollar rigs to get that will work just fine, or you can spend 100's if you want.

The technology can not get any better unless it is taken to the next step...

Magnetic induction, it delivers faster more direct heat and is easier to control.

Perhaps it does vape the product better, but unless I buy one I will never know.

and for 300-400 dollars for a hand held unit, I will not be purchasing this any time soon.

I am not rich I do not live in Dubai lol