Does the Certo method work? (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by T bag, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Registered+

Again for the gazillionth time, youve passed because youve diluted the THCA concentration in your bladder with all the fluids youve drank. The Certo, vinegar and niacin had nothing to do with you passing, so stop perpetuating the myth.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. webdox

webdox Registered+

It's a good thing you aren't or you'd know just how patently ridiculous the claims are that certo/pectin/niacin does jack when it comes to helping one pass a drug test.

3. sammyacw

sammyacw Registered

I think its amazing how rude your reply was. Just so you know... not everybody lives in the science world and took A&P or any bio courses for that matter. If you feel the need to share your findings there is no reason to insult people that believe that certo works. Most of them just hear from a friend. Also, probation sucks. Dont need anybody making you feel worse for mistakes you made. Not your place to add insult to injury. I can understand why some people on probation want to smoke weed. I am a biology major and I think its awesome that you took the time to do the "research" but no need to be little anybody. Thanks for the info.

Really.... if you want to pass a UA test..... dont smoke 5 days prior and night before and morning of drink lots of water.... that will do it. no biggie. (The time does depend on your metabolic rate) 2-3 weeks is very safe. Time is really the only way to be positive you will pass. I dont feel the need to site my sources. lol just friendly advice.

4. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Registered+

Theres nothing insulting or rude in FBRs post that was C&P'd by KW. FBR had pointed out the misinfo and did a darn good job of it.
    Just so that you know, we prefer to stick with factual info in the drug testing forum. Thats because theres people with careers, families and freedoms riding on the outcome of a U/A. The drug testing forum is not a playground. Misinformation can quickly land an uninformed reader in the unemployment line, or worse, jail. If you dont like the idea that we hold the poster to a high standard of fact, well sorry. Thats how it is here and shall remain. And if that idea is not your cup of tea, then perhaps the drug testing forum is not for you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. webdox

webdox Registered+

When lives, jobs, freedoms are on the line, it's a little more important to stick to facts than worrying about offending those giving anecdotal evidence as proof of anything. Once it has been pointed out just how wrong it is and it continues, it becomes irresponsible.

6. GloryDayReject

GloryDayReject Registered

How about this...
    I stopped smoking about 2 weeks ago. my drug test is on december 7th. I took a test yesterday and I am still very full of thc. Im 5'6" and i weigh about 160, so average. Ive been drinking water like crazy but kind of slowed down recently. So drinking water doesnt really help, especially if you smoke about a week before. Last time it took me about 5 weeks total for it to be out of my system. my friend recommended certo, so what im going to do is drink it, wait a bit, and take a test. if i pass, certo works, if i dont, then its a myth. Will that solve the debate?

7. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

Nope, you still drink a chitload of water day of...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. GloryDayReject

I can drink enough to drown my cells, it still wont make me pass. Im joining the navy and im still nervous. if it was that easy i wouldnt be on this site

• Like Like x 1
  9. webdox

webdox Registered+

Nope. You will still have diluted. It doesn't matter if you drink water with certo with it or with Tang. It's still just dilution.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Registered+

Thats because youve been drinking water days before the test, which is of no help. Drinking fluids is only good for the day of the test.
    THC is fat-soluble and not water soluble, so you cannot wash THC from your fat cells like you can was dirt from a car. The purpose of drinking fluids is to dilute (thin out) the THCA concentration that is present in the bladder. The idea is to thin out the concentration enough for the urine sample to register below the cutoff thresholds of the drug screen. You are not permanently ridding the body of THC. Dilution techniques (whether its with Pectin, magic detox drinks, etc) are only temporary - once the fluids consumed had all been urinated out, a "dirty" donor will resume testing positive for THC.

There is nothing that can permanently rid the body of THC except for time and fat-burning exercise.

11. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

You don't seem to get how dilution works and how to use it to successfully pass a UA...

It ain't brain surgery...

12. GloryDayReject

Drinking a lot of fluids helps speed it up but i dont have that kind of time

13. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

That's not how it works...

14. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Registered+

Apparently youve failed to read and understand what Ive stated in my post above:

15. GloryDayReject

Okay then, ill drink a gallon of water and nothing else and take a piss test after peeing like 3 times. guaranteed Ill still fail

16. Deige

Deige Registered+

Why don't you just read the Dilution thread and follow the routine. It's really simple and you can take back the Detox drink and spend that money on weed.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  17. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

You will probably fail with any dilution method...

You should substitute...

• Like Like x 1
  18. GloryDayReject

I'm going to try anything I can. I also heard they make shit that you use to clean out bongs and bowls, but you can drink it at your own risk. I just need to be clean in about 1-2 weeks. It fucken sucks

19. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

Really, in the time frame you have, you will fail no matter what you drink.

Just study up on substitution. Reports from several west coast states indicate that there may be issues with most synthetic urine on the market right now. You just need to obtain clean urine from a friend(male or female).

Several very knowlegable people are trying to help you. Do yourself a favor and let us.

20. Jerry G

Jerry G Registered+

On further thought, unless you are in Hawaii or Oregon, I'd be good using synthetic...