does using a keif catching grinder make the weed less potent; making you less high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by aznson01, Dec 11, 2006.

1. aznson01

aznson01 Guest

self explanatory but if u wanna read....

...i have a metal grinder that cuts instead of tares, it also has a keif catcher in the bottom, does having this take out a lot of thc and actually get you less high?

2. five0addict

five0addict Registered+

yes but not as much as you may think.
    think about how much keif your getting, shouldnt be much.

3. aznson01

aznson01 Guest

??? anyone else?

4. Abattoir Dream

Abattoir Dream Registered+

well, it takes away alot of the THC but you smoke that anyway... if it matters just use it upside down...

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. LIP

LIP Banned

THe THC and other cannabinoids are concentrated in the trichomes, but they are still found in the plant matter. So, no, it doesnt really make much of a differnce.

6. Arklenao2

Arklenao2 Registered+

big deal youll end up with a keif dime afterwards

7. pixel

pixel Registered+

either way those crystals are going to fall off of the bud anyway, the kief catcher gives you the opportunity to smoke a bowl of pure kief every month or so instead of having it sit in the grinder or fall on the floor forever. and when u smoke a bowls worth of kief youll realize how worth it a catcher is.

8. JordaN23

JordaN23 Registered+

My thoughts exactly

9. herbaltivo

herbaltivo Registered+

I use a grinder with a kief catcher to grind my bud before I use it in the volcano, and likewise I just used the same ground up bud to fill a blunt a couple of nights ago to take to a hockey game, and it was mad in the blunt and it is super potent and long lasting in the volcano.

I have ground up a few grams of various flavors and collected a fair amount of very clean kief and expect to press it soon. I've hand rolled hash before and I may do that with this kief since the hand rolled hash was possibly the most heavenly thing I've ever had.

10. RedLocks

RedLocks Registered+

a lot of the crystals and stuff tend to break off anyways on your hands or the surface you break the herb up on anyways and are lost, at least this way you are catching it for use later ;)

11. chisme

chisme Guest

yeah this came to me also i eman i kept using my keif grinder but then i started thinking

hey if that shits not goin in my joint....will my joint still be as good?

12. budsmoker only

budsmoker only Registered+

ya i have also wondered this.. but i still get high from the bowls that i do grind up, and then there is the kif just waiting for me to smoke it and just get absolutely retarded..

• Like Like x 1
  13. hazetwostep

hazetwostep Registered+

yes i think it would make the bud less potent as there is less crystal (THC) on it. non-keif grinders just sprinkle the crystal back onto the bud when you empty it but keif-catching ones retain it, meaning less THC on that bit of weed. what you lose per grind is small in comparison to a good keif hit!!

(disclaimer of being ripped out of my mind... new bud)

• Like Like x 1
  14. breederslove

breederslove Registered

interesting, would i be right in saying you'd get about 0.01 g if less dust keif off of a 1 gram bud ?

And would this be noticed by anyone ? when smoked.

so dusting a whole kilo for keif wouldn't be noticed as per 1 person buyer/smoker ?

would this be right ?

meaning it is worth dusting a whole kilo for dust if you can't notice it per bud/gram .... would this be right ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. breederslove

breederslove Registered

apart from a slight loss of frostyness, if dusted lightly no one would know right ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. breederslove

breederslove Registered

aha ! so just touching the buds would rub it off .... that would be a waste then right ?

dusting for keif it is then i recon

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

so dusting a whole kilo for keif wouldn't be noticed as per 1 person buyer/smoker ?

would this be right ?

meaning it is worth dusting a whole kilo for dust if you can't notice it per bud/gram .... would this be right ?

Oh, to have a key of top shelf to "dust." Makes my mouth water.

• Like Like x 1