Dogs & Cancer

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by hottrageous, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I feel for you.
    Meclizine is prescibed for dizziness and has it's own side effects that may cloud the issue. (I once had to take it for BPV).

This sounds more like excitement/anxiety.
    Considering where she ended up on the last few drives, I'd expect a little anxiety.
    Because;

corgisandboobs.jpeg
    Don't give her a dose in the morning, turn up the air conditioner, and see if she settles down.
    Good luck,
    Wee

2. Khandy

Khandy Registered+

Weezard -

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. I made it home just a bit ago. Take Myah to the vet tomorrow. She has another spot swollen up on her neck in the last two days. Cancer vet had wanted a 2nd opinion on the biopsy as nothing at all showed up anywhere in ct scan. She thought there was a chance it was incorrect as things aren't adding up but with the new spot on her neck popping up Friday night, Im afraid that probably isn't the case. I just hope it is the initial tumor and not another lymph node.

Night,
    Kandy, Myah, River and Rok

3. Soconina

Soconina Registered

Hello everybody,

I am so happy that Weezard is still here. I have been reading up to page 15 and didn't think the thread is still active. I just want to thank you so much for helping so many people and pets.
    Now, the bad news : my wonderful dog has been diagnosed with mast cell tumors 5 days ago. She is a pitbull, 7 years old, and 26 kgs and very healthy in general ( other than the cancer). I made the oil yesterday and started giving her since last night. I started with 1/4 grain of rice rso, then today with 1/3 grain of rice rso, since yesterday she seemed totally active and didn't look like she experienced anything. After 1/3 dose, she slept a bit and then was more active than normal. She is normally not a very active dog, she is more like a cat.
    I put some on her tumors also. I am giving her spirulina and chlorella powder and also ordered some chinese herbs called Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang. My hope is in the rso.
    I went to the vet and she did an aspiration with a needle, and after the result, she said we should remove the tumors with surgery. She scheduled me 2 days after I found the shocking result, and after reading this thread and other forums, my husband and I decided not to take her through surgery and try the rso.
    Weezard, please, do you think the supplements I give her, could interfere with the rso? She was not wobbly after 1/3 dose, so do you think I should give her more?
    We will see an oncologist Tuesday, and see what he has to say also. We are going to tell him that we don't want surgery and chemo, but reading the thread, maybe Benadryl would be good?
    We love her so much, we want her well. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

4. Soconina

Soconina Registered

[​IMG] These are the tumors. She has 2 small ones on the chest, and the front leg( not sure if those are tumors, but very little lumps)

5. Soconina

Soconina Registered

Image didn't upload, I'll try again[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Soconina

Soconina Registered

Tomorrow we are going to the Cancer Academy for dogs, and ask the vet about surgery. We will continue with rso, but after reading more of the thread, I have seen Weezard implying that it's good to do surgery on mast cell tumors. I read a lot about how they don't have to be disturbed because they will spread, but also read that doing surgery as fast as possible is good. A million thoughts pop in my head, and I don't know which are good.

7. Soconina

Soconina Registered

Hello,
    I am so happy to read about your dog, Weezard and about you. I hope for everybody.
    What I meant to say in my first post is that I give her 3 times/day the mentioned doses.
    I finally finished reading all the thread and see that you had very good results lowering the dosage.
    Today I give her 40 mgs 3 times a day. Should I lower it, or up her dosage? She does not show any sign of being stoned. After 4 days with the oil, topically and orally, one of her small lumps on the leg disappeared completely, and the others seem a bit ( tiny) smaller. I went to the vet today, and he said she should do chemo and that he can do the surgery with no problem. He also told me there are 70% chances that tumors will return. He said he doesn't think she is in stage 3. He also told me that tumors shrink and grow again, so I don't have my hopes up. Should I do the surgery, or wait 2-3 weeks to see if the lumps go with rso?