Down-stem Stuck! help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by ThuggishRuggish420, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ThuggishRuggish420

ThuggishRuggish420 Registered

So my down-stem has been stuck in my bong for a month now.. now my lazy ass really wants to clean it and just get the down-stem the fuck out.. im sure this has happened to one of you guys.. any remedies?

2. iwantFUEGO

iwantFUEGO Registered+

twist and gently tug back and forth

3. Oneironaut

Oneironaut Registered+

Try heating it up too. Heat will make the resin inside gooeyer and thus more flexible. I'm guessing it's the resin buildup that's holding it in place. What kind of bong is it, glass or acrylic or what?

4. friendowl

friendowl Registered+

i always break em and end up buying a new better one
    i hate smoking out of dirty bongs

good luck

5. ThuggishRuggish420

ThuggishRuggish420 Registered

its actually a thick glass double chamber bong.. how do u recommend i heat it up?

6. HighSeekerz

HighSeekerz Registered+

DONT heat it up. Useing rubbing alchohol, WD40 or Goo Gone works best. Rubbing alchohol actually works very best. Then just take something like a toothpick and work around until you loosen it up. DONT use METAL against your glass! If it is a good piece of glass with diffuser, etc, dont heat it and dont break it! Use softer materials than the material you are working...

7. friendowl

friendowl Registered+

pour boiling water over it

rubbing alcohol works good too

8. chisme

chisme Guest

whenever any parts of my bongs get stuck cos of all the resin n shit i heat em up by holding the flame of a lighter around it...it unscrews/pulls easy then

9. Towelie

Towelie Registered+

boiling water or hair dryer heat it up and they should slide apart.

10. prozak

prozak Registered

similar issue

I could use some help here too, I've been trying everything.

I have a glass on glass downstem (with a diffuser) stuck in my bong right now. The remote accidentally fell on it and wedged it in there pretty good (im just glad it didn't break!). The bowl got wedged as well but I was able to get that out.

I've tried: gentle twisting and tugging combined with all of the following; rubbing alcohol (its absolutely spotless now and still stuck), wd-40, olive oil, crisco, dish soap, lime/hard water remover, and applying a lighter around the edge. i stuck it in the freezer for an hour to see if maybe expanded water/ice would pop it out, no luck. I let it get back to room temperature after that and now I have it soaking in a sink inside and out full of boiling water. It's been in there for about 45 minutes now (and I keep adding fresh boiling water) and I keep trying to free it up and it won't budge. I'm trying the differences in temperature because I figure maybe the glass can contract? But I'm pretty sure this is some strongly tempered glass so something tells me this isn't going to contract or expand much, if at all.

Pleaseeeee help me! I have pretty much run out of ideas over here. Short of just soaking it in rubbing alcohol for a month till its absolutely spotless and taking it to a glassblower for help. So yeah, help me unstick my downstem!

Thanks!

11. how the hell are all you stoners always just managing to drop a remote on it and wedge it in there? that's like the 10th time i've heard that same story lmao....

12. Doctor Whoov

Doctor Whoov Registered+

Wear thick leather work gloves and use a little umph. If it breaks oh well you can just crack the rest out and replace it. If not great. BE CAREFUL...stitches suck.

13. lmao.. about a month ago iwas washing dishes and a glass i had my hand in, broke into two peices... cut the living hell out of my finger..

i've also broken a downstem while trying to take it out.... luckily (very luckily) i didn't cut myself... it had just started to cut into my finger when i reacted and stopped squeezing....

basicly tho, all you can really do (if you'v etried everything) is just use alot of force and hope for the best... obviously, working it gently isn't working.

14. prozak

prozak Registered

grrr

good advice on the gloves, where were you a few hours ago?!, my hand is all sore and a bit swollen from all the twisting now. :p Anyway.

It's still stuck, I have it upside-down soaking in rubbing alcohol now and am poking around the edge of the downstem with a toothpick soaked in alcohol from time to time.... I'm just gonna let it soak overnight. It's all balanced with a mound of towels so it can't tip over and break or anything.

I'm still trying not to use any kind of breaking force, just cause as of right now its still use-able. And getting a replacement downstem takes the kind of effort that involves driving somewhere and i'm feeling lazy.

Here's a pic of my baby when it was brand new if anyone cares:http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/prozakgal/bongs/DSCN0438.jpg?t=1196592905

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  15. fmacanthaya

fmacanthaya Registered+

16. Doctor Whoov

Doctor Whoov Registered+

Well did you get it out? Still have all digits?

17. twitch

twitch Registered+

yea u get it out???
    it looks like a glass on glass
    what i do it i use the bowel to get it out mine gets stuck all the time to a point were i cant use my hand
    u get a jar opener, take ur bowel stick it in, push down a lil bit and twist while slightly pulling up (i know confusing but if u do just that) and u do it hard not fast but hard
    it will be stuck on the bowel now same thing to put it back

let us know u get it out

18. prozak

prozak Registered

it's not dirty bong water. that bong was brand new, thats the day i bought it. never been used. doesnt even have water in it. thats just the way it is colored. i like it damnit :p

I still haven't gotten it unstuck :( Nothing is working. I gave up on messing with it for now, I wanted to smoke...I missed my bong... lol. It's stuck pretty damn good. I have the leather gloves sitting out here now and i just put them on and start twisting at it from time to time. I bet its gonna take another whack from the remote to unstick. Yeah, I'll keep you guys posted as to if it eventually breaks or unsticks :p

19. Emma_leigh53

Emma_leigh53 Registered

Don't heat or poke at it!! it's all unnecessary! get it unstuck in 2 seconds with a wooden spoon!!! just put the handle end of the wooden spoon about an inch or two down your downstem and lightly twirl it around the edges! opens the seal that your downstem created and comes right out, seriously!

20. Emma_leigh53

Emma_leigh53 Registered

use the end of a wooden spoon! put the end into your downstem about an inch or two and twirl it around the edges! my favourite bong had its downstem stuck for soo long and just got it out in 2 seconds flat!