PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

DWC vs Ebb and Flow

Discussion in 'Hydroponics' started by snakeman, Mar 27, 2008.

1. snakeman

snakeman Registered

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are for a first time hydro grow. also a fairly small scale operation about 6 plants max

2. nimo_253

nimo_253 Registered

you can't go wrong with either but I would prefer DWC. I've done both and I was able to pull more out of DWC than what I did with E&F.

3. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

IMHO if you are running a very small number of plants, and intend to let them get to a decent size before flowering, or if you are growing from seed [unsexed], or running more than one strain, a DWC module for each plant is a really nice method. See treetops, xcrispi, the image reaper, and weedhound grows for ideas. Weedhound has a couple VERY in-depth logs that show the benefits AND drawbacks of the method and how to troubleshoot them.

Ebb-n-flow is effective if you have access to female clones and want to cram a bunch of smaller plants of the same strain into a smaller footprint.

4. herbie the love bud

herbie the love bud Registered+

Stinky is right. I think ebb and flow is more common for sea of green situations. Otherwise DWC is great. I find it to be pretty easy. I haven't reached a gram per watt yet, but I'm close and on my way.

5. Help_Needed

Help_Needed Registered+

One thing to keep in mind if there's any doubt about you being able to control temps in your grow room - Ebb-n-flow is MUCH more tolerant of non-optimal reservoir temperatures than DWC is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

GREAT point H_N!
    Temps are a stumbling block for lots of growers. The most tolerant of all is NFT, since the water is in constant motion though the system and tends to air-equilibrate very well. You don't see a lot of growers running it, but you DO see a decent number of COMMERCIAL growers using various types of NFT setups.

7. herbie the love bud

herbie the love bud Registered+

Interesting point about NFT and temperatures. I'm heading towards a HOT summer. What does NFT stand for?

8. mushaboom

mushaboom Registered+

nutrient film technique?

9. snakeman

snakeman Registered

thanks guys I've decided to run a few bubbler buckets, hope it works out