Elect libertarian judges?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TomSawyer2112, Apr 18, 2018.

1. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

This is why we need to start voting libertarian. When it comes to my vote, I vote for libertarian judges and candidates on my local and state level. In federal primaries, I vote for libertarian politicians and sheriffs if they aren’t too kookie. After you read this article you’ll see why. We have to start somewhere and it’s best to start on local and state levels. The message it sends to both Democrats and Republicans is that they are both losing support with The People. It scares the crap out of them every year they see libertarians getting more and more votes. And as you can see from this article, if you have in place a federal district judge who is a libertarian, you’re gonna have a better chance of that judge ruling against the prosecution of marijuana cases.
    We’ve got to start locally.
    Think about it.
    https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/04/17/trump-sessions-marijuana-fight/103684/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Why not just go to all the way and be a libertine? Why stop at being a libertarian?

3. TomSawyer2112

I honestly don’t appreciate your insults.
    You don’t know me well enough to speak in such a tone to me.

Libertine.
    Noun
    a person, especially a man, who behaves without moral principles or a sense of responsibility, especially in sexual matters.

4. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

So much for jokes. I know what a libertine is. I still think, in a way, it's it's just a step up from being a libertarian: in as much as a libertarian wants so little gov't, that it's nearly chaos. Entropy follows, and after that, people start thinking it's fine to delve into more guttural urges.

5. TomSawyer2112

Nevertheless, I don’t go around flippantly telling women I don’t know to become a full blown whore simply because their political Philosophy differs from my own. We are supposed to be a community of bipartisan/multipartisan citizens standing together. Not taking shots at strangers.
    This is my thread and I wasn’t making any jokes or being an ass. I’m serious about getting this countries judicial branches primed for what’s to come. Your flippant response is inappropriate and an insult to to the good men, fathers and grandfathers who are members here. I am a father and grandfather. I am a retired firefighter/EMT who served my community for almost three decades. I also served in a few LEO positions in my career. I also am a constitutional libertarian. That means I support the constitution. That’s the law of this land. I took the oath to uphold and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I did NOT take an oath to protect and defend a tyrannical government. To suggest that I become a downright anarchist whore is offensive. And your idea of a libertarian is a bit twisted out of proportion. Libertarians are NOT anarchists and for you to paint them so is ludicrous. You don’t see Libertarians mobbing streets, burning cars, looting stores, protesting and shooting at cops. If you’re gonna call anyone an anarchist, I suggest you take a second look at all the protestors, rioters and the Antifa groups who are getting funded by George Soros and his minions. Those rioters are your anarchists.
    Take a step back and remember there are good and moral men, and even Christian men and women who support our cause. The Marijuana community consists of people from all walks of life and all political and religious beliefs and is not a safe space for leftist individuals harboring bitterness where you can openly attack others with ideals not your own.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Ok. I apologize. It was a poor joke and I shouln't have ever made it.

7. TomSawyer2112

Thanks. We need to be united on this front. There’s room for everyone in this adventure. But we need to play nice. The marijuana community has to polish its image in order to look appealing for possible legalization nationwide.
    Catch more flies with sugar than you will with piss & vinegar. We all need to step back and reassess what we’ve been told about weed. Because we’ve been lied to for 70 years. That should make everyone stop and take inventory on everything they think they’ve learned. It’s time to stop listening to the mainstream media and old politicians. They were instrumental for the past seventy years in the fabrications of bullshit stories about the dangers of marijuana. And it was politicians leading this “war” on drugs. So I think that it is perfectly logical to ask, “What else have they managed to lie to us about for the past 70 years?” And if we can’t trust the establishment parties who perpetuated these lies anymore, maybe it’s time for a new party. Trouble is, you’ll never get a third party candidate in the whitehouse as long as the establishment parties hold the power and the purse strings. That’s why you have to start locally. Judges and sheriffs and DAs need to be libertarians. From there, we can make the changes needed to make our society safer and more free.
    So yeah. Apology accepted.
    I come in peace.
    But I want to make it clear for everyone else. I don’t tolerate bullies. And I’ll stick up for anyone who appears to be attacked by bully tactics. Especially myself.
    Thanks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1