Election Day.

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Here's your chance to put your stamp on American politics, and for those lucky enough to be voting on marijuana, it's your time to shine.

:doublethumbs:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. boaz

boaz Registered+

go Mo! :jointsmiley:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Looks like congress did exactly what has been predicted for weeks. Democrats take the house, and the Republicans keep the senate.

On a brighter note, Michigan legalizes recreational marijuana and Utah legalizes medical marijuana. Other stuff follows, but I'm still cracking my eyes open, so I'll edit this as I get more info or post again if I can't.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boaz

boaz Registered+

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  5. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Although I was hoping, as many were, for an upset in the Senate for at least 1 or 2 seats to flip to democrat, there wasn't a single poll that actually showed that happening. The good news is that the house has a much better spread of people, with more women and blacks and Hispanics being elected.

Beto O'Rourke looks to be a contender for the 2020 presidential election, and I predict he's the one the democrats need to support due to his charisma and ability to raise money outside of super PACs. I think his age will bode very well for him also, since he at that age that will appeal to both Millennial's and Generation X.

This year was without a doubt the most important midterm election in the history of America. That being said, from here on and moving forward, the Millennials and Generation X will be putting their stamp on American politics. They should make an even bigger difference in 2020, and after that, baby boomers will be really losing their momentum.

6. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

We did it Missouri! We are applying for licensing now! Congrats to everyone who helped work with Jeff and New Approach Missouri!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Speaking as a born and bred Texan....
    97F74248-05A6-4C5F-A87C-ACF8FE3E2F50.jpeg

8. TomSawyer2112

9. TomSawyer2112

CDE39E2D-843D-4A62-97CC-9FE69AF71A9F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. TomSawyer2112

It’s gonna be VERY entertaining.
    Literally CSPAN is gonna be funnier than the comedy channel. So get ready to blaze up and laugh your ass off. Nancy Pelosi is gonna be an epic hoot to watch while stoned. Probably gonna piss myself laughing at that goofy gal.
    I’m off to buy Senior Depends. Y’all have a great day! And remember! We just removed Pete Sessions. The man who blocked at least 37 pieces of cannabis legislation in the House. Now GOP is gonna HAVE to come to the table. Peace! 1C222CFB-A2D8-435F-A1DD-DDEDEB2428C6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. TomSawyer2112

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I would be a bit worried about Mueller being fired, but I think at this point, he's wrapping it up. I'd think any indictments he wanted to still do could be taken over by the FBI. Even if Mueller was fired, I'd think congress would still get a final report, which I'm sure the Mueller team has been working on for some time. Given the mercurial nature of Washington D.C., I would think Mueller has had the report done for weeks and just get's updated daily to reflect the current state of the investigation.

Otherwise, good riddance to Jeff Sessions. In spite of being on opposite sides of the marijuana issue and other stuff, I do respect the fact he stood up to President Trump and Trump's tempestuous personality.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TomSawyer2112