Faint line on at home drug test

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by ruthie94, Jan 18, 2016.

1. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

hey guys I just wanted to share my story because I read a lot of stuff on here about faint lines on drug tests and none of them were very comforting to me. So hopefully this will help someone out. I am 5'7" 260lbs, I have never really been a heavy smoker but I would say I maybe smoke a quarter ounce every month. I just had to have a drug test for employment on Friday 1/15/16 and I hadn't smoked for 10 days. I took 6 drug tests, two of which were Walgreen brand at home drug tests and four from Amazon, all of which had a faint line that you could barely see and I mean really faint! (I will post a picture of my darkest one) I was so nervous I even paid to take another test at a different lab. So here are my comforting words, mine at the lab I paid to have it taken at was negative and so was my test for employment! I didn't do any sort of dilution or anything. I drank a 20 oz Gatorade before testing. So the point is no matter how faint the line is you will pass!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BSEEGuy

BSEEGuy Registered+

What was the lab you took your test at? I'm assuming that was a 50 ng/ml test in your pic? I've read that Quest diagnostics cut off is 20 ng/ml so should really look up the lab and find out their cut off. How soon after the test in OP did you take the lab test for employment?

3. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

I took the test at Labcorp which their cutoff is 50ng. I had actually already taken the test for employment and was waiting to hear the results but I didn't want to stress waiting to hear. I did look up the cutoff. I really wanted to be sure I would be negative. As much as you read a line is a line when it comes down to it you are still worried! I just wanted to post for those out there that it might help to hear this because I read several stories where people passed an at home test and didn't pass the lab test, obviously I didn't know their circumstances but it was unsettling!

4. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

Sorry meant to reply above

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  5. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

Thanks so much for your post! I am sitting at home shitting my pants for the same reason! (included a picture of my test) . Do you know if your test was a lab or rapid test by any chance? Mine was also at LabCorp!

Attached Files:

6. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

The test I took at lab Corp was a rapid test and then they would have sent it to the lab if there were any problems (which I guess is quite standard) honestly your line looks better than mine! I promise you will be fine! But I understand your fear!

7. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

Thanks so much!!! Still sweating it! Was too much of a baby to sub but now am kicking myself for not doing it. This is my dream job, not to mention I personally know everyone I would be working with so it will be super embarrassing. Mine was a lab test though =[ Normal immunoassay for prelim so hopefully the tech passed me on that and I'm home free!!!

thanks again for the response! I've spent the last 3 days on forums trying to feel better!!

8. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

Sorry I should have explained better the one I did at lab Corp was a rapid test just so i would know I was negative but the one that was for the job was the same as yours just at a different lab. Don't stress too much! I am positive you are fine! !

• Like Like x 1
  9. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

Thanks!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

10. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

So, unless they didn't get the results yet (went in Tuesday at about 12) I must have passed! Just got off the phone with HR about some unrelated issues I had to take care of and nothing was mentioned!!! Still not 100% in the clear but I'm much more positive now! FAINT LINES DO PASS (I think XD)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ruthie94

ruthie94 Registered

Yay!! I am so happy for you :) you passed if they called you!

12. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

That's what I am assuming. I contacted them through email yesterday about something else and they got back to me today. I've had orientation set up since I got the job so can't go by that. So again unless LabCorp hasn't sent results (its been over 72 hours) I am in the clear!

13. Smokingdab

Smokingdab Registered

with me when it was faint , i had inconclusive and had to do it again, but i still passed after:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jetsfoooool

Jetsfoooool Registered

I'm in the same boat. Today is day 14 of being clean, I'm about 205, smoker for years took a brief break last year and this past January for a few days if that matters. Going up for my dream job in the industry i work in so driving myself crazy. Was on a niacin and workout regimen from days 4 though 10 and started getting negative results. Day of test was last Wednesday march 30th, found out yesterday 4/1 i had a negative dilute so i have until tuesday the 5th of april to go back in and retest. I am freaking out because i just took a first check home test and got a very very faint line (pic below). I have some test clear sub solution that i will use on Tuesday if i wake up and get another faint line like the one below. Need some advice if i should even risk it with my own pee or use this fake stuff. Even though i can't find one bad review of it, i just feel like at this point if i can go natural I'd rather do that. Any advice is appreciated and thanks! I'll definitely be posting my results next week regardless, can't stand when people don't let us know the outcome on these boards lol.

Attached Files:

15. heyaaa

heyaaa Registered+

I would say you are good since that's how it looked for me! But if you're unsure is there anyone who can give you clean pee? I'm iffy on the fake stuff but have never used it personally!

• Like Like x 1
  16. BSEEGuy

BSEEGuy Registered+

Heyaa any update? Did you pass for sure?

17. Jetsfoooool

Jetsfoooool Registered

I passed!!!

18. yellowturtle

yellowturtle Registered

Hey ruthie94, I have a drug test in 4 days at a labcorp, and am extremely nervous.

I am 21 y/o female, 5'3", and 123lbs. I haven't smoked for 10 days (14 days come test day), and was a light smoker before then (about once a week on avg). Regarding exercise, I have a group workout twice a week for 50mins each but it's pretty light and I don't sweat that much. I took an at-home test today (First Check from Walmart) and my drug line isn't very comforting.. only about half a faint line, posted below. I've read everywhere that no matter how faint the line, it will still pass as a negative.

My question is: to get a better/darker line by my test in 4 days, should I just focus on eating fatty food/gaining fat, in an effort to add a non-THC layer of fat cells? I know it's not recommended to try to exercise much nor sweat a lot when test day is getting closer since your body is releasing those metabolites in your system that much faster.. and thus make THC more present in a test.

Or should I split my remaining days up? 2 days drinking/sweating a shit ton, and then remaining 2 days building up fat?

Thank you so much in advance!

Here's my test, taken on 10 days of being clean w/4 days remaining till test.
    FullSizeRender.jpg

19. Colom_rican1118

Colom_rican1118 Registered

Someone please advise... pass or fail

Attached Files:

20. Alwaysstressing420

Alwaysstressing420 Registered

Hey guys I recently took a drug test this morning called escreen one of them fancy drug test it showed thc so they put it in another rapid cup and my line was faint so she tested it positive for thc so she sent it to a lab! What do y'all think did I pass?