Fans - Not just blowing hot air!

Discussion in 'Growroom Setup' started by Tokudai, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Weedologist

Weedologist Registered+

bronc how big of a space is that in? I have a 4x11x8 closet and was wondering what size fan to use for odor control and temp control. Im not sure at all what type of fan to get.

2. Tomadashi

Tomadashi Registered+

I have a fully insulated,independant grow room that is 4X8X8-could someone give me an idea of the size of fans I need for intake and exhaust.I am using T5- 4 foot doubles one per side and one overhaed-and my temps are up around 90 to 100.My present fans are just two-4" and arent really working.Any input would be really helpfull-the plus side my plants are in crazy bloom-3rd week.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

1. fans require cooler fresh air to draw from and a place for the hot stale air to exhaust to.

cfm listed above, one exhaust fan is usually enough in a sealed system

Last edited: May 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. midniter

midniter Registered+

bronc76 i to have a 1000 watt sun light with hood with the 6 in air flow hook ups,i have done almost everything to bring heat down but still have heating problems.I have like 6x6 room 7 ft high,i have 2 fans puling air trough the hood which are about 150 cmf & other one in ceiling is 50 cmf.So i thought i'd go like 435 to 485 cmf intake inline fan & see if that will reduce the heat inside my room i'm running out options,i have my ballast outside the room to,so i don't have to worry about that heat,but i was pulling cool air in from under house which only cooled it 10 degrees.

5. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Id think about the inline for exhaust, and use at least one you have for intake, might try to increase passive intake. Sealed up makes a difference.