Fender Super's backyard greenhouse, with Kosher Kush...

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Fender Super, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

OK, progress at last. Got the pots all filled, teenagers transplanted and now waiting on the growing thang, but it they all grew a lot in the past week. Transplanted June 10. One thing I can tell you I'm saving all this soil with the idea I can amend it back to life.

The domicile for yon plants.

[​IMG]

Root balls
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kosher Kush
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Shit soup a-brewin'...Ready made compost tea for the mentally retarded grower...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Also, mycos in the planting holes for the roots, hot soil (bottom of the pot) is essentially subcool's soil. I'll use rice hulls for mulch once I get the pop bottles in for drip irrigation. Also, hitting Costco for more vinegar (ph down) and dryer sheets for on top of the soil (Thanks Weezard for that info, you're a fucking great guy!).

Have a little worm shit left over, probably make teas with that. Save a few pressure stockings I've wrecked and put worm shit in them, dunk them in the pail and aerate with the aquarium pump. Bingo, shit soup!!! Hey Weezard what would you use for a tea activator (bacteria or something)? Or just dunk the shit in water and make shit soup?

4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I apply the worm castings as a top dressing.
    About a half inch layer atop the soil repels most kine whitefly.
    They don't like the smell. Same with thrips.
    Though the dryer sheets atop the castings stops thrips cold anyway.

Probably won't hurt to toss some BT into the soup.
    I use mosquito bits. I sprinkle them in my stored rainwater to stop mosquito breeding.
    The bacilli will grow slowly in rainwater, then ramp up when you add it to soil.
    I don't use tea. But I imagine that Capulator would be a good addition.

Not a fan of vinegar for PH down.
    I prefer phosphoric acid.
    And actually do not use any PH down since I started collecting acidic rainwater to mix with my PH 8.4 tap water.

Mahalo for the kind words

Weeze

5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

A tip;
    Do not trust that crappy moisture meter for wetness, or PH..
    Unless you clean and polish the probes almost daily, it will lie to you.

6. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

When doing water PH, I clean the probes before testing ever volume of water I use. I've got one of the yellow, pen types but the fucking thing doesn't work for me. Maybe it needs batteries, the thing was turned on when I opened the packaging. Maybe a reviewer was correct when he said you have to clean it first with distilled water. Doesn't say that in the instructions. So many tell you to RTFM, but often the manual was written by a guy who barely speaks english and can't use language to communicate. Any suggestions?

I don't know, but my yellow-pen meter is in serious danger of becoming a rifle target. .22 LR in a Ruger 10/22, stock except the hammer (power custom) and the blowback-stop pin is rubber instead of steel. Lower disruption of the sight picture, even with iron sights.

Disclaimer: Yes, I own a gun. Yes, I am an extreme liberal. Yes, I know how to use the thing. No, I am not afraid.

7. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Question: BT?

8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Bacillus Thuringiensis Isreali

Mosquito dunks or bits.

9. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Thanks, man!!

10. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

I've been procrastinating photos. Check out mah BITCHEZ!!!

[​IMG]
    The greenhouse

[​IMG]
    Goils Goils Goils...

[​IMG]
    Started slow but got with the program

[​IMG]
    THE BEAST!!!

[​IMG]
    Sorta straggled but catchin' on...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Wow, a guy who wants me to die likes my grow!!! =:-O

12. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

If he likes it, it must be shite, yah? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

Hey Weez, question: I should cage these big plants, now, should I not?

14. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Why? Have they been naughty? :D

Seriously though, we cage them out doors because of rain weight.
    Yours look strong of stem so you may not need to cage them in a greenhouse.

Aloha,
    Weeze

15. Fender Super

Fender Super Registered+

The stems ARE strong - some look almost like fucking trees. What's interesting is I had one who was failing to thrive. Clearly a nitrogen deficiency because I put 1/3 of a small bag of blood meal on the soil as a topcoat. Watered normally and as that blood meal leached down the the roots, the plant is taking off, playing catch up and it reminds me of Alex Zanardi charging from the back of the pack in a CART race to win...but I digress

What I'm worries about is buds so heavy they break the stems of the plant. If I cage it, I can support the plant better as the buds get heavier. You thinkn it can support the colas on their own?

16. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

"You thinkn it can support the colas on their own?"

I might attempt to make that call if I was right there.
    Even then, it would be a WAG. (Wild ass guess)
    I'd err on the safe side and prop 'em.