PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

First Grow - Northern Lights under CFLs in a trash can

Discussion in 'Closet / Cabinet Growing' started by teknopow, Mar 22, 2007.

1. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

First of all my salutations and respect to everybody.

I'm posting this grow log because I have noticed some interest in rubbermaid/trash can/whatever-container grows. So I figured out this may help someone out there as the other posts here helped me.

I decided to start my first grow after reading many posts on this forum with sound advice for starters. I don;t have any gardening experience at all (well I can say I have some now =)). I am growing only 1 Northern Lights plant from Nirvana feminised seeds as I have limited space. My setup consists of 2 125 W CFLs (envirolites) one cold one warm. I use a 70 L garbage bin covered in mylar on the inside to hold the lamps and keep the light in during day and out during night. I installed two computer fans on it for air circulation. As for soil im using biobizz all-mix and a small amount of biobizz bio-bloom nutes.

My plant's been under 12/12 for a little over 2 weeks now and I reckon shes lookin pretty good. Shes growing real fast! I let her veg for a bit under 6 weeks. This pictures are from the vegging stage ill post pics from today in a second in next post.
    One of the lamps fell on the plant recently (shame on me!) but i noticed fast enough to avoid it getting real serious. Thats why some of the leafs on the top look burnt (or could that be also nute burn?) I dont think so cause the rest of the leaves are fine.
    How will that affect the end result? What do you guys think about this plant? She looks beautiful to me but this is the first time I see a cannabis plant live so I would like the opinion of my fellow growers out there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

Current pictures

OK here are the pictures as of today.

Attached Files:

3. Cornelius

Cornelius Registered+

looking good man. that's the best trash can grow i've seen yet.

4. letsburn06

letsburn06 Registered+

looking great dude...i also just harvested a plant of northern lights from nirvana...great yield n smoke was awesome...good luck

5. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

Is the pot size ok?

Thanks for the comments guys.
    One question: do you think the pot is big enough to keep the plant there till the end or should I get a bigger pot? I would prefer not to re-pot but I'll do it if necessary. Im afraid I don't know the volume of it so what do you think from pics?

6. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

For the record

I made a mistake on the original post. Better keep things straight. The seeds were from Female seeds not nirvana. (I got some from Nirvana too but ended up using female seeds). I've edited the original post.

quote "i also just harvested a plant of northern lights from nirvana...great yield n smoke was awesome"

so well be able to compare the genetics on these letsburn06...

7. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

Don't know how to edit the post. Sorry.

8. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

For the record

I made a mistake on the original post. Better keep things straight. The seeds were from Female seeds not nirvana. (I got some from Nirvana too but ended up using female seeds). I've edited the original post.

quote "i also just harvested a plant of northern lights from nirvana...great yield n smoke was awesome"

so well be able to compare the genetics on these letsburn06...

9. letsburn06

letsburn06 Registered+

yes we wil be able to compare genetics and outcome and all that stuff...ill definatly follow ur grow..by the way i used 2 42 watt cfl's and 2 23 watt cfl's for flowering

10. pennywisdom26

pennywisdom26 Registered+

Where did you get your termometer? Thanks in advance.

11. bluntman 420

bluntman 420 Registered+

12. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

I got it from Rootzone Hydroponics (hydrowebshop.com)(UK)
    However If youre looking for one Im sure youll be able to get a cheap and good one on ebay.

13. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

Pictures

Some more pictures. Looking great!

Attached Files:

14. letsburn06

letsburn06 Registered+

there looking great!!!Almost exactly like mine did

15. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

flowering

been in 12/12 for 26 days.
    she should start putting on some weight now.
    i think shes looking pretty good what do you reckon?

Attached Files:

16. MULLETMAN

MULLETMAN Registered+

Lookin just darling. Dont have much else to say except keep kickin ass.

• Like Like x 1
  17. flying 3

flying 3 Registered

that looks great man good grow im in the process of growing white widow looks well so for
    good luck

18. splatm1n2

splatm1n2 Registered

Wow, nice grow so far dude, keep posting the pics :) Peace.

19. teknopow

teknopow Registered+

DAY 48

Some updated pics from day 48 under 12/12.

I haven't been paying much attention to my grow because I have been kinda busy. Also as the weather have been much warmer I've had some problems to control the temps. I've also had some lighting timing problems a couple of days didnt turn the lights on time so two days with extended darkness periods for around 4 hours (i have a timer but wasnt plugged those days).

However I think I'm going to get some good smoke out of this baby. I hope I can get a decent yield. Some of the buds still look kinda small. She's frosty and sticky and smelly as hell.

From this week I will start flushing and hopefully I'll be ready to harvest soon.

I'll update when harvesting comes. Good luck everybody keep growing ...

Attached Files:

20. bobbygreenbear

bobbygreenbear Registered+

my goodness that's a gorgeous plant; definitely flushing time at that puppy looks like it's getting ready to smoke quick :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007