First grow since 1981. White widow/Bubblegum

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by TomSawyer2112, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

I’m doing some reading and nutes shouldn’t be the problem. The light is something to think about. I did raise the fixture about an inch and turn the light back from 80 to 70-75%. I did run the COB a bit bright for a day a few days ago. Before that, I hadn’t seen any issues except for the fan on the white widow incident. Anyway, they sure are looking good. If everything continues going right, June26 I’m flipping to flower mode.

2. TomSawyer2112

1A3C30ED-2EFA-4278-9B54-74ECFA8F863B.jpeg

Looked at the tiny spots on the Bubblegum in a microscope today. It doesn’t appear to be anything on the surface. Looks sort of like a pigmentation change inside the leaf. Not all leaves have it. And the white widow doesn’t have any of these.
    It doesn’t seem to be spreading. It’s just a few leaves with this. Mainly older growth.
    Thoughts?

3. TomSawyer2112

3A5658B0-A7B4-43FB-837A-C5460910C2CF.jpeg
    Bubblegum leaf up close.
    “Pubic hairs”:S2:

4. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

old leaves are old news....watch the new growth

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. TomSawyer2112

So I’m getting close to flipping to flower on my lighting. So I have a question. There’s no question about 12/12. That’s a foregone conclusion.
    However, do I turn off the veg mode of the light and switch to the red “flower” mode red light exclusively or do I combine both? Or do I turn down the veg light to a low setting and turn on and raise up flower mode (red) lights to a higher intensity? LED gurus please advise.

6. TomSawyer2112

Okay so Weez answered my question in a private thread.
    I am going to leave the Veg lights on and turn on the flower mode. I’ll just back down the veg mode a little bit.
    So if everything goes as planned, Fathers Day will be the day I flip to flower mode. Making a few preparations for that. I won’t go into it unless y’all want the boring details. No pics lately. I’ve been sort of LST the branches to allow more light into the canopys for both plants and I’ve raised the stunted white widow up to the same canopy level as the Bubblegum which is almost 20” tall now. Poor little white widow is around 10” tall but bushy. I’m not going to expect much from this one. We will see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TomSawyer2112

Just a heads up guys. Today I flipped into flower. I’ll explain more later, but let’s just say I’m only a couple of days from 8 full weeks anyway and the canopy of my girls had to be taken into consideration.
    So now the MaxBloom LED COB is running 50/50 flower/veg and the light cycle is now 12/12.
    By Sunday, I’ll have the COB running around 60%flower and 20%Veg.
    Here we go.

8. grassman7

grassman7 Registered+

Please excuse my ignorance, but could you say again what the ratio is that you are talking about in regards to your LED?

9. TomSawyer2112

I’m using the 400 watt MaxBloom CREE COB LED fixture. It has two dimmable controls. There’s a fully adjustable Rheostat for Veg mode and a fully adjustable Rheostat for the Bloom mode. The knob displays are expressed in percentage. The last seven and a half weeks I’ve been running in veg mode only and my settings varied from 60-80%. I sort of experimented because I’ve never done this type of grow. If you want to know more about this light, I think if you go back to page one of this thread, I included a link to the thread that describes in detail, what my setup is and the model number for the MaxBloom light. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy another one of these lights. They are awesome. A bit pricey but it sure works for my application.

10. TomSawyer2112

As for the actual ratio, the veg mode is more of a blue red green UV color LEDs. The bloom mode is red LEDs.
    I’m just experimenting with how much I can back off with the veg mode lights while slowly bringing up the bloom mode LEDs. Weez told me to keep the veg mode on, but suggested to back off the intensity of that mode when I brought up the red bloom mode lights. I am trying not to get the lights too intense. And this fixture gets real intense for its size. You can see the results just by looking at the pics. This fixture has a lot of power and potential for its size. Here’s the link to my setup.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/tent-is-almost-complete.226096/

11. TomSawyer2112

Realized I haven’t posted for a few days. Sorry. Not too much going on. Just a quick update. In flowering mode. The girls are doing fine. They are going through another growth spurt and bushing out real wide. It’s getting crowded. The Bubblegum is a few inches higher and the white widow has gained about two inches but is getting wide beyond her pot and super dense undergrowth. They get a gallon of water every 3 days and they seem to drink it up very well. No flowers yet. But they look amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. TomSawyer2112

517A4634-4E15-46BE-B5A0-27DB3D411991.jpeg
    Top pics are the White Widow.
    Lower pics are the Bubblegum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

They look just fine, another two to seven days and you will see obvious bud sites. :thumbsupold:

• Like Like x 1
  14. TomSawyer2112

1C5D1F56-F0DF-47D7-9325-D557C668CEA9.jpeg
    Bubblegum on the left. White Widow on the right.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TomSawyer2112

FFBEB0B5-0BF6-4E79-AF93-65EBDD49FCBE.jpeg
    Bubblegum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TomSawyer2112

F97D9A63-3A28-4431-B6BD-332AD0F6C204.jpeg
    White Widow.

• Like Like x 1