First time grower..

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Green_knight, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Green_knight

Green_knight Registered

I am a first time grower and some of my larger fan leaves have started to turn purple around the ends of the leaves. I am just entering week 6 of flowering. I live just outside of Toronto Canada and a few nights ago the temp outside dropped between 50-55F. Should I be to worried about it? Should the leaves be removed as my plant is very bushy and could use some more light into the middle of the plant? I'm not sure what strain of plant these are as they were given to me as a gift. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Welcome aboard, Green_knight.

You did say you were unsure of the strain, they could be a purple strain, the cold temps bring out the purples and blues even in non-purple strains. You should post up a pic so we can see if you need to trim, but I would not cut fan leaves simply because of the colour. Best of luck to you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

BlueGene is correct.
    Don't cut those fan leaves. Turning purple towards harvest is normal. Can be caused by cooler temperatures, but it is also just a sign that the plant is nearing harvest time.

• Agree Agree x 1