PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Flavoring marijuana with fruit peels: so far - AMAZING. But I need help.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by TPot, Sep 19, 2007.

1. TPot

TPot Registered+

So I've been (for the last three hours) putting lemon peels in my glass jar with my Purp both in and out of the freezer, and my weed is starting to smell FANTASTIC. It's the coolest thing ever.

Few questions though:

How long should I do this for? I hear estimates from one hour to overnight to days. I'm assuming mold will form and thats the LAST thing I want.

Will this improve the flavor of the weed? So far, the smell is heavenly. It's like a totally new herb. I know it's mostly already cured, but will curing it more with the lemon peel and then some more afterwards help?

Also, should I freeze it to preserve it or will this dissipate the flavor or not make it smell as much...maybe a silly question but I'm just wondering.

Thanks guys and happy tokin'. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. TPot

TPot Registered+

So I've been (for the last three hours) putting lemon peels in my glass jar with my Purp both in and out of the freezer, and my weed is starting to smell FANTASTIC. It's the coolest thing ever.

Few questions though:

How long should I do this for? I hear estimates from one hour to overnight to days. I'm assuming mold will form and thats the LAST thing I want.

Will this improve the flavor of the weed? So far, the smell is heavenly. It's like a totally new herb. I know it's mostly already cured, but will curing it more with the lemon peel and then some more afterwards help?

Also, should I freeze it to preserve it or will this dissipate the flavor or not make it smell as much...maybe a silly question but I'm just wondering.

Thanks guys and happy tokin'.

3. Alejo

Alejo Registered+

As far as I know, a peel will just make the weed a little wetter if it's too dry. No idea if you can actually flavor anything with the peels. I've used orange peels to make mine wet before, but never to flavor it. If you keep it like that for too long, I'd start to worry about mold.

4. TPot

TPot Registered+

But how long is too long? I'm just looking for some more depth to the whole curing/flavoring with a peel process. I know it adds moisture also, when can I tell it's too moist?

5. Megaz

Megaz Registered+

Peels will usually start to mold in room temperature in little less than a week; not sure about the fridge though. If it's in the fridge or freezer, just change the peel every few days depending on how long you're leaving it in there.

6. connector_robot

connector_robot Registered+

I wouldn't risk getting mold on my weed - If I were you I'd just stick to plain old weed, however good it smells.

7. TPot

TPot Registered+

Well, I've been taking a ton of precautions...the fruit material doesn't degrade when in the freezer but it still helps add some nice fragrance to the herb. I'm now trying banana peel in the freezer to see if that works also. I'll update this thread periodically and let you guys know what works best. Also, any more help would be appreciated.

8. Dest

Dest Registered+

I would try looking for some sort of shisha flavoring that you can dip your nugs in.

9. connector_robot

Bannana, huh? That sounds like it'd smell/taste pretty good. I assume it's ok to put weed in a freezer, although I'm not quite positive. What you could try is putting in the fruit drawer [it's the one that will usually have some kind of ventelation system] in your fridge, so you don't completly freeze your weed. As far as I know putting it in your fridge is fine. About the freezer, hopfully a more experienced member will fill you in on that, as I have no clue whether that's ok or not.

10. TPot

TPot Registered+

I would, but I heard either they don't work, are gross, or are expensive. I hope that I can get results that taste better with simple things and a simple procedure.

As for the freezer, I think it's alright to keep it in there. I know that certain people preserve their weed in the freezer specifically to keep it fresh. I'm keeping the banana peel in a aluminum foil wrap with holes in it inside the jar which is sealed. This seems to be working so far, it smells FANTASTIC.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not this affects the taste?

11. connector_robot

I'm sure it'll change the taste a little bit, but it also depends on how sensitive your taste buds are. Mine are fairly sensitive and good at picking out flavors, due to my exesive pipe smoking. Sometimes I like to fancy myself a large hobbit.

12. TPot

TPot Registered+

Will post tomorrow when I can see if the cure has worked at all.

13. LIP

LIP Banned

As soon as you hold a flame to it, the taste will be as normal.

Unless your smoking shit, why do you want to flavour it?

14. Purple Banana

Purple Banana Registered+

I've put flavored drops I found in headshops before, it tastes GREAT. It's just for something new, Lip.

15. Gennaro

Gennaro Registered+

lol i soo want to try that shit !

16. Jouryokujin

Jouryokujin Registered+

I know a guy that does this all the time. His buds got moldy. Overdoing it is pretty easy if you're doing this for the purpose of flavor rather than hydration, so be careful. If they seem too moist, stop.

17. igot4cheep

igot4cheep Registered+

Why dont you just buy flavored papers or blut wraps?

18. TPot

TPot Registered+

How do I know when too moist is too moist? I mean, so far my herb smells like a delicious banana lemon concoction, but I don't want to overdo it. Right now my herb is in the freezer. Let me know if you have any advice. :thumbsup:

19. TPot

TPot Registered+

I don't buy flavored papers or blunt wraps because I smoke out of bowls primarily.

20. bumclot

bumclot Registered+

Yeah, go with the flavor drops, avoid the chocolate tho!