PAX2 Vaporizer

Freezer?....enhanced potency???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by MangaMan, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MangaMan

MangaMan Registered+

I read that if you put weed in the freezer over night it could enhance the potency. I haven't tried this yet since I have to stay clean for a while, but if this is true then enlighten me!

2. BloodAngel

BloodAngel Registered+

I haven't put weed in a freezer, but I have smoked in a walk-in freezer at work and the refridgerator at work. It's cool because you get an ice cold hit, then it looks like hella smoke comes out, but it's mostle steam... it doesn't affect the high though

3. Sig

Sig Registered+

Freezing will destroy it.

4. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

No. Once the plant has been cut, the potency doesn't increase. Think of the stem as the brain stem. Once you cut that, life is lost, and gone, and you no longer grow, but in cannabis sense, the fun will just begin. :D

5. smitty420

smitty420 Registered+

i froze a h.o before a trip and came back and it weighed like 9 grams. Didnt lose or gain any potency or atleast none that was noticable.

6. DontPassOnGrass

DontPassOnGrass Registered+

Freezing weed will just preserve it. I,v always wanted to get some fresh picked buds and then freeze them and allw to dry (It's possible for ice the evaporate it just takes a long time). Hopefully it would help the THC crystals on the bud to develope. And smitty, thats probably what happened to your half ounce if you didnt have it in and airtight container, it jst dried out even more.

7. Web Smoker

Web Smoker Registered+

actually freezing degrades the weed use the fridge

8. BlazedMonk3y

BlazedMonk3y Registered+

ive just heard that putting live plants in the cold makes bigger crystals and turns the buds darker

9. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

Why would bigger trichs make it better? :)

I'm not sure where you heard that, but growing plants in the cold does nothing but stunt growth. Cold weather will also turn your leaves purple. Pretty, yes, but it is a sign of stress. The leaves turn purple because the flow of nutrients is stunted, so they turn purple, thus, stress.

Just get a good genetic, take care of your babies, and you will be rewarded. Don't make growing complicated. KISS=Keep it simple stoner. :)

Bye.

10. Dutch Masta

Dutch Masta Registered+

No. It would not effect the potency at all. If anything, degrade it because you are trying to freeze it.

Refrigerating it under the vegetable compartments (like the ones for broccoli), would probably preserve it pretty well but not only is that a pretty lousy hiding spot for your pot, but it still doesen't hold a candle to the traditional, preferred, portable, effective, and easy to use method for preserving Marijuana, an air tight container. (glass jars and bottles and such)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  11. r4nd0m

r4nd0m Registered

Tasty Trichomes Take Time

Yes it does. Its called curing. Only some of the THC forms while the plant is alive. If you smoke fresh cut greens its a major waste. It takes time for all the THC to form out of the moisture in the plant matter.

As it dries the THC developes a chrystaline structure called a trichome. Trying to dry it faster uses heat that degrades the molecular structure. Trying to freeze it may make it look like it is covered in trichomes, but the chrystals will form a different structure that degrades at room temperature and the structure will break down never forming THC. If it is already dry and cured, freezing can help preserve weed, but keeping it room temperature should do the same.

Think of fresh weed as having all the chemicals necessary to synthesize THC. Not until those ingredients are together under the right conditions will they react together to form the correct chemical structure. Those conditions happen to be dry, room temperature air that is changed out every day for several weeks until completely dry.