Getting High On An Empty Stomach?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Jay Matix, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

Does smoking weed on an empty stomach get you higher then if you had a full stomach?

I know with alcohol, if you drink on an empty stomach the alcohol hits you harder/quicker.

Is this the same for getting high? Any know if this is fact for smoking weed too?

2. krons

krons Registered+

i dont think it matters because smoke goes in ur lungs and not ur stomace..but thats just what i think

3. rabbitslayer

rabbitslayer Registered+

You get more of an effect of alcohol on an empty stomach because you are absorbing it through your stomach, so it doesn't soak into any food or anything, it just hits you straight.

Smokin weed is a lil different, because you're absorbing it through your lungs, so the amplification of effects observed on alcohol when your stomach is empty could be compared to breathing the smoke in deeper... I guess...

On the other hand, if you were hungry to the point of fainting, it might make you a little more spaced out, but you'd probably just curl up and take a nap (after you went on a munchies-run :dance:)

4. dryst

dryst Registered+

itll just give u a hella case of the munchies...not advisable to turn anarexic just for a little extra high anyways

5. NightProwler

NightProwler Registered+

i dont think so

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Registered

nah i don't so, cuz its absorbed from your lungs and not you stomach
    either way...drinking or blazing, i never like doing it on an empty stomach

7. MistaPoleeseMan

MistaPoleeseMan Registered+

You should like totally eat a tarantula before you smoke. Maybe 2. You will die so much faster. Which is better for us. Chuch.

8. NextLineIsMine

NextLineIsMine Registered+

Man use some logic. Now if you had influenza and your lungs were filled with liquid it might affect it.

Getting stoned when youre really tired gets me far more baked though, probably just due to spaceyness

9. MetFan3125

MetFan3125 Registered+

I can understand everyone saying it wouldn't affect you cause it's straight to the lungs, but it seems when I smoke after a really big meal I don't seem as high as I could. But if I smoke on an empty stomach, my hunger seems 100x worse than prior. Maybe it's a mental thing though, idk.

10. GhostOfGanja

GhostOfGanja Registered

Although it is absorbed through the lungs vs the stomach, it obviously doesn't stay there... Your lungs don't make you trip. When the ganja goes into your blood stream it probably gets absorbed by the nutrients from the food thats already their and dilutes your high. Eating is definitely a buzz kill for me anyway.

11. weedheaduknow

weedheaduknow Registered+

i dont think so, i hate smoking on an empty stomach if i'm already hungry though.

12. Its a Plant

Its a Plant - - Moderator - -

Lol, you guys and your wacky theories.

The only thing smoking on an empty stomach does for me is make me really hungry. If I were to smoke after just eating, then I don't get the munchies, and still get just as high. Eating isn't a buzzkill either, it just makes the food taste a lot better. ~

13. Captain Hanks

Captain Hanks Registered+

yes actually it does! and when i eat after getting the munchies, i notice my high dropping

14. Vismund Cygnus

Vismund Cygnus Registered

i recommend you eat first then smoke, when you smoke and then get the muchies and eat, the food in your system will break your high down a pretty good amount. i have had plenty of experiences like these.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  15. Budd420

Budd420 Registered

yeah if i eat after i smoke my high goes down, same with drinking something..

16. amsterdammed

amsterdammed Registered+

i get really hungry. that's about all i know :D

17. Nocturnal Stoner

Nocturnal Stoner Registered+

18. orangeman

orangeman Banned

I dunno about all that but I know that the taste of a blunt and weed on a empty stomach makes it hurt so I usually dont do it :p.

19. HighAllTheTime420

HighAllTheTime420 Registered+

If u smoke on an empty stomache, make sure u hav efood right by cuz u'l, get the munchies like a bitch.

20. meow_leone13

meow_leone13 Registered

it doesnt get you higher, but if you get drunk on an empty stomach alot easier.