Granny's links to cannabis/health-related abstracts

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by Storm Crow, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Ironman

Ironman Registered+

Mseerob use a vaporizer, this eliminates the bad, and keeps the good.:vap_rasta:. Using a bong will not help with your condition. Sad but true. Foxtrot, India, I give up

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  2. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

I know that posting it here is "preaching to the choir", but my little compendium has also popped up in a medical college to be shown around to future doctors, random pages are in a laundromat back east, I just sent it to a pro-cannabis veteran's group, and it's in the hands of a few "crazy activists" to be spread around. If we keep spreading it, educating people one by one,-maybe that 70 to 80% of the public who support medical cannabis, will eventually grow to 100%. Then, we will either have a change in the heart and laws of our government, or change our government!

Yeah, if ONE person sends a copy in, well, in all probability, it won't even get to the politico it's aimed at. Some little flapper (read the original Gulliver's Travels) will toss it- the first time. But what if ten, or a hundred, came in? It gets a LOT harder to ignore! It might "slip through". ;)

:D Might be a nice party/project for some bored tokers to do some snowy evening- get stoned, put together some letters, get stoned-er, call friends, turn them on to the post and get them to send it in, too. And get them to call friends! Wouldn't be THAT hard to get 100 copies all coming in within a few days! Or everyone send it in to arrive April 20th. You don't have to be out there "singin' songs and carrying signs" to be an activist. A stamp is 41 cents.

How about everyone doing ONE "Activist act" a month? There are over 20,000 ACTIVE members at C.com. So get ACTIVE! Make it a late New Year's resolution- to make up for the one(s) you have already broken! - Granny:hippy:

3. josemartinez915

josemartinez915 Registered+

Wow, this is truly an amazing thread :)

4. josemartinez915

josemartinez915 Registered+

I will definitely send this to some friends and family :)

5. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Thank you, Jose! Be sure to hit the link in reply #59! It has about 100+ new studies. - Granny:hippy:

6. Ironman

Ironman Registered+

I know now why those post for Mseerob are the way they are. 1st I didn't read every post, or I would have known he had already had that suggested to him:asskick:. 2nd I haven't smoked a thing all day:eek:. That's about to change:S5:.

7. Ironman

Ironman Registered+

The Inflamatory Bowl study. I can, from 1st hand experience, vouch for the validity of that one. You don't want to know. Let us just say it involved bodily fluids, and 3 days in the hospital.:(

8. SMOKIN A WHILE

SMOKIN A WHILE Registered+

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the incredible reading list. I must say its gonna take a while to figure out what to read first then reading. You have done quite a bit of research. Thank you.

9. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbsup:

10. texas grass

texas grass Registered+

marijuana and mad cow

Marijuana Ingredient May Prevent Mad Cow Disease

Sunday, September 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM EDT
    Edited by: Michael Hess

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease)

BBSNews 2007-09-16 — (IACM) According to basic research of scientists of the National Centre for Scientific Research in Valbonne, France, cannabidiol (CBD) may prevent the development of prion diseases, the most known being BSE (bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy), which is often called mad cow disease. It is believed that the BSE may be transmitted to human beings. In humans, it is known as Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Huge Dairy Cow under blue sky.

The infectious agent in prion diseases is believed to be a specific type of misfolded protein called prion. Misfolded prion proteins carry the disease between individuals and cause deterioration of the brain. The French researchers reported that the non- psychoactive cannabis constituent CBD inhibited the accumulation of prion proteins in both mouse and sheep prion- infected cells, whereas other cannabinoids were either weak or not effective. Moreover, after infection with mouse scrapie, a prion disease, CBD limited accumulation of the prion protein in the brain and significantly increased the survival time of infected mice. CBD inhibited the nerve damaging effects of prions in a concentration-dependent manner. Researchers noted that CBD may be a promising agent for the treatment of prion diseases.

(Source: Dirikoc S, Priola SA, Marella M, Zsuerger N, Chabry J. Nonpsychoactive cannabidiol prevents prion accumulation and protects neurons against prion toxicity. J Neurosci 2007;27(36):9537-44.)

It’s an exciting development, to the best of our knowledge this is among the first substances discovered that has the potential to alter the invariably fatal course of bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy.

heres alittle info on mad cow and mmj.
    im sorry if its a double mrs storm crow

11. SnSstealth

SnSstealth Registered+

great info in here!!! thanks granny:thumbsup:
    :smokebong:
    whiskeytango

12. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

The prion study is in my update!

Glad someone else has caught on about what an earthshaking study this is! There is NO cure for Mad Cow disease in modern medical science! This is the first thing that I've seen that even touches those misfolded little buggers! I also read that some poor dudes had apparently gotten the porcine equivalent of MCD. Pig brain is an Asian delicacy :wtf:

The Argus Observer | Online - News

Anyway, here's the update site for those of you who are interested.

My "Happy New Year" Medical post - TreatingYourself.COM Online Community

- Granny:hippy:

13. DoDoFoShoDoe

DoDoFoShoDoe Registered+

Granny

Why can't you be me grandma? this list is amazing....

I have found more positive points about marijuana in your list than anything, it truly has inspired me to spread the word.

I plan on making hundreds of copies of the 10 things every parent should know about marijuana and anonymously put them in mailboxes. That alone is enough info to considerably change the opinion of many people IMO.

Thank you for the inspiration and knowledge

14. DoDoFoShoDoe

DoDoFoShoDoe Registered+

Does anyone here have any clinical research studies about marijuana and helping minor turrets syndrome? or nervousness and ticking?

My little brother suffers from nervous ticks and minor turrets from what i believe leads back to my parents divorce. He is 15 years old turning 16 in less than a month and i have tried to talk to him about the benefits of marijuana and how i KNOW it will help him but he has been brainwashed by society and never wants the touch cannabis. so please, anything, will help.

thank you and toke on

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/153590-first-grow-good-advice-always-needed.html

15. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Here ya go!

Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol
    Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol -- MÜLLER-VAHL et al. 156 (3): 495 -- Am J Psychiatry

THC is effective in the treatment of tics in Tourette syndrome
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Treatment of Tourette's syndrome with Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Cannabinoids: possible role in patho-physiology and therapy of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome.

THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome
    AAMC: THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome

THC effective in Tourette syndrome in a 6-week trial
    IACM-Bulletin

Give your brother the print outs. Then take him either here or to treatingyourself.com (a nice little medical site). My posts are there, too. Tell him all he needs to do is just read the titles- he'll start calling up articles all by himself long before he finishes the first post.

And I'm everybody's "granny"- some of the kids at the school where I work even call me "granma". Consider yourself "adopted"! :hippy:

And as a child of divorce (a real nasty one), I want him (and you) to know this.... The trick is to remember what caused the hurt (I know I can never forget), and NEVER do that to anyone else. Hate and anger are poisonous- If you keep them inside, they will screw you up. Let them go, and be the person you are supposed to be. The divorce was your parents' fault, don't let it mess up YOUR life.

Give him a hug from me. - Granny:hippy:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  16. DoDoFoShoDoe

DoDoFoShoDoe Registered+

Thank you so much Granny....you really dont know how much i appreciate everything you said, i will see him in a week and a half and im printing out the information youve given to me as im typing...

Thanks again you have helped me in ways i cannot describe, and ill be sure to give him a big 'ol hug from ya!

peace, love, dodo

17. eltone

eltone Registered+

Medical Cannabis and Health

No one mentions the fact that MMJ controls nausea and vomiting better and safer than any other drug we have. I surf waves of nausea from Diabetic Neuropathic Gastro Paresis, which is much worse than nausea related from chemo. I live in a non MMJ state rather than the land of the free. Yet I have found that Orange Kush is most effective in controlling nausea and vomiting. Yet at $370 an oz I can't afford daily doses. Since MMJ is illegal my Dr has me on 5 mg Marinol and I top that off with good quality schwag. Not as good as real MMJ like the Orange Kush but it's more economical. Oh well, until I move to the free part of America I'm stuck with this. The USA will break up into states that allow MMJ and states that don't, if Barney Franks bill doesn't pass. Gives a whole new meaning to "Civil War." Peace...:smokin:

18. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Eltone....

Marinol isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing. Does anyone know if it could be vaporized? Perhaps put the sesame/thc oil on a bit of cotton cloth? Just a thought. Look into vaporizing- way better for your health! I have a Vapor Brothers and love it.

Be sure to give your doctor the link to this post either here, or at treating yourself .com (all one word), or international cannagraphic (in case you don't want to risk being I"D"ed) It's stickied in the medical section of both sites.

Hope you make it to a sane state or yours comes to its senses soon! With the economy the way it is going, folks are having to choose between food, medication, gas, and rent. If they grew cannabis, they could possibly cut down on their expensive meds! The first two real MMJ users I knew both made exactly the same comment "I can cut my meds in half when I have pot!"

-Granny:hippy:

19. justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo Registered

Granny, i hope you don't mind...

i gave someone a link to your profile and told her to seek you out

here is a copy of her intro on Green Passion, i think she needs to talk to someone like you

'howdy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, my name is strawberry.cough, you can call me berry. I am 48 year old female from northern new england, somewhere between kittery and calais. In 1994 I was diagnosed with angranular sarcoma of the left nostril. I had surgery, chemo and radiation, and left it in the dust...or so I thought. About a month ago I notices that I was having a harder time moving air through that side of my nose, and a little trip to the doc confirmed what I thought, the sarcoma had returned and this time it is up in the sinus too.

I had surgery this morning, and I am at the airport waiting to get the first part of the flight back home. I have had to have the docs write a letter to get me on the flight. Boy have things changed a lot since 9/11. I have black eyes and a nasal tampon in, and well even I would probably scream if I looked in the mirror. I am picky and like the bulk head seats because I have long legs and hate folks rocking there seats back into me, but...I guess I will be ummm "helped" to board and my seat will be way in the back. guess we must not scare the other passangers.

I guess I am lucky, it wasn't as invasive as first thought, so I still have the majority of my septum. The bonus is it hasn't spread, still confined to just my left side. I am also a moose, so for me to just get up and walk out of the hospital after surgery is no big deal.

What is a big deal is the chemo and the radiation. I am a puker big time. I am suppose to go to my local hospital when I get back home so the oncologist can have a look at me. I have the surgeons radiologists, and pathologists reports safely with me so she will be well informed. I already started the chemo on monday, so I guess I will find out what is what fairly quickly. There may be a chance I will escape the radiation, and boy oh boy that would make my day.

Well oddly enough I have a head ache, so I will call this good. This will be the first time I have tried herbal chemo to ease the chemical chemo vomiting.

Ummm this looks good. If I get out of the radiation they will let me infuse the chemo myself at home, and umm umm ummm do I like panny cakes when my tummy is upset.

Glad to find the sight, last time was helliacious, this time I want to be a little more comfy and not so pukey.

berry'

and here is the link, and thanks, i think she needs someone to talk to
    howdy - Dedicated to Cannabis Education. Medicinal, Recreational, and Cultivation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. psteve

psteve Registered+

Looking for info about an Israeli study on endocannibinoids as an anti-allergen.