Growing on company owned land?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Dancing_Bear, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

My grandparents live in a retirement community, and they have a small lake, good soil, and lots of vegetation behind all of the houses. Would it morally be ok to grow weed there? If I place it correctly, it would look wild, and I visit a couple times each summer. I might just plant seeds and see if it grew properly in the fall.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. HipsterDoofus

HipsterDoofus Registered+

All of those old people are eyes watching that land all the time. No one else goes out there, and when you do, it gets noticed.

3. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

This area is acres of land, and although there are trails you can walk on, there is plenty of vegetation far away from other people.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

Put out a couple clones and see what happens.. Bout 50 yards from each other near a stream where ground water is present and you wouldn't have to worry so much about water.. If they do need water then there's ya stream.. The spillway or overflow from the lake would be ideal..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

Thank you, GaGrown!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

However, would the owners of the land be arrested? Or even the landscape company (which my cousin happens to work at)?

7. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

No because they have the right to deniability.. Meaning they can't be held responsible for what they don't involve themselves with.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

Thank you! I wouldn't want someone innocent to get busted for my actions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

Loose lips sink ships.. Just tell no one! I've grown in some places that you'd never think to grow.. Right up under their noses.. Just tend things at night..Little rougher but a lot safer!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MDFinest

MDFinest Registered+

I'd rather grow right under peoples noses then go wayyy out thinking I'm safe. You might go way out to what you think is the middle of nowhere.. but to others it's right around the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

What do you mean, "morally"? Morals have nothing to do with this. You probably meant "legally". And to answer that question, no, it's not legal to trespass and grow on private property or public lands.

We don't know which state or community you live in. My first advice... is be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

I mean, would it be right? Could innocent people get in trouble?

• Like Like x 1
  13. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

Birds carry seeds, so if the plants appear to be un-attended, it would be hard to prove where they came from. If you leave trash around, then it becomes obvious someone has been attending to the plants.

Do you know who owns the land?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

I would have no need to leave trash around. No, I don't know the owners.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

No because they have the right to deniability.. Meaning they can't be held responsible for what they don't involve themselves with.

16. raymont

raymont Registered+

17. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

?

18. raymont

raymont Registered+

Started post in wrong location...

19. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Moderator

Not really. It's an outdoor grow.

20. raymont

raymont Registered+

My post was bad. I started to make in inaccurate post..I couldn't delete so I just typed error. Your good, Im messed up...lol