Happy Frog potting soil?

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by curious101, Jun 2, 2007.

1. curious101

curious101 Registered+

I've been using it on my grow and have been have some major ph/deficiency problems...was wondering if any1 has used the soil b-4 and had any problems...maybe i'm a poor grower but i've had better success with MG Moisture Control

2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

...find out what the Ph in your water is...I never used happy frog...but on the MG moisture control....the ph is low out the bag (5.?) I have read. My well water is 7.4 so that brought the soil ph up to the desired 6.5-7.0.

Garden Knowm explained that to me once.....enjoy....:pimp:....

3. freewheelinfrank

freewheelinfrank Registered+

a buddy of mine just raved about Happy Frog Potting Soil, he said it was fantastic, so I ordered some from my local nursery - by mistake they received the Happy Frog 'Soil Conditioner' instead - no worries, I just mixed some of it into my regular potting soil - I am thrilled with the stuff, even wound up doing my tomato and pepper plants with it, too - it gives outstanding aeration to the soil, as well as the active bacterias the plants love - keeps soil from clumping, etc. ... it pH'd same as my Fox Farm Ocean Forest, so no worries there, either :thumbsup:

4. curious101

curious101 Registered+

ph of my tap is between 7.0 and 7.1....if i use R/O it goes to 7.3 but i generally just use the tap...flushed my plants...i think i just over fed the hell out em being my 1st time