Hello Again from the State of Confusion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by oldmac, Feb 6, 2018.

1. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

My name is Oldmac, and I was here a long time ago, but got cut off. I tried to mount a comeback
    a few years ago but got cut off again, not sure why. I've tried to keep up reading my old friend's
    posts, with much amusment on my part but with frustration at not being able to post.

Things seem to be working, so here we go again.

Well old friends and new, I'd like to announce that I turned 88 last month and I am still alive.
    Better still I'm getting married, again, this April 14, 2018 in Nevis.
    Very cool deal...double ceremony, finally my son is getting married!
    I'm his best man (plus walking his bride down the isle) and my bride'
    s the maid of honor.
    All dat and a destination that has all the grace of Royalty,
    beauty of the Caribbean, and the
    Money of billionaires.

That's what Willie would do!
    OM

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

Damn!...that is amazing. Howdy, old timer. :welcoming:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

A Cdot legend returns!
    The snail's on his thorn, all's right with the world.

:doublethumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  4. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

Howdy back at ya DP!
    What's amazing???? My being alive or I found a women who wanted to marry me???
    Ether way way I'm a damn lucky guy. Considering I'm older then rock.

Hey Weez' sorry for taking a shot at ya on the other Hello thread, but I was giddy from
    having posted my first thread in years. hehe
    I ain't no Cdot legend, more like an internet heretic, just ask DP.
    When I logged on yesterday there was an alert...someone last month liked a post
    of mine. I looked back at the thread, it was from '09 when I was a young buck in my 70's!
    I was very flattered, that something I posted back then was still worthwhile in 2018.

OM in the PM or early AM

• Like Like x 2
  5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

No worries, it's just a flesh wound. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Welcome back, Oldmac. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Good for you OM! Congrats to the lucky bride! Great to have you back, I was sure we had lost you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

Nice to see you too DirtyBlue Gene.
    Hello Emmy! It is nice to be back, actually it is just great to just be. You are a big reason why I wanted
    to mount another comeback; you are my favorite economist. Plus I have questions about your future dispensary.
    BTW- not sure my future bride is lucky, I do believe her compassion has clouded her judgement. I'm the lucky one!
    OM

• Like Like x 3
  9. RaysLiquorSauce

RaysLiquorSauce Registered

Welcome aboard!

10. emilya

ok my old formerly confused but lucky friend, I am ready for your questions. I have to say that I am honored to be your favorite economist too, and I credit that to having been consistently correct in my predictions for quite a number of years, or it could be simply because you just like young women to be in charge of your money. At work they put a lot of stock in my political predictions too, and I don't get in trouble around there by stating them, compared to online forums where it seems to be a controversy every time I speak. Never mind all of the nattering that will result and let fly with it... what's shakin in that old tree of yours my dear friend?

• Like Like x 2
  11. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

Hey Emmy, saw this yesterday but had just got back from Fla and was too tired to type.
    BTW Happy International Women's Day, belated. I have lived by the motto, "The best man for the job is probably a women". There are a couple of jobs they can't do.
    I unfortunately have no money here for a young women to be in charge of, just social security. Plus I don't own anything! (can you say judgement proof?) I do have a young women but she has her own money to manage.
    My son who has retired twice, first as a stock broker then as a venture capitalist managed my money here. Guess that's why I don't own anything, just a family trust. He and a group of partners (financial guys and lawyers) own an airplane operations company now. My son now refers to "work as play" and has his airplanes like I have my cars. And the bastard is making money hand over fist. My dad gave me my first financial advice, "It's easier to turn 1 million dollars into 2 million then to turn 1 dollar into 2."
    Some day I should tell you how he became a stock broker and not a taxi owner/driver.
    He still thanks me, oh great where's my money?
    Oh, I still have a little money that's off shore in Nevis. Has been part of a middle east families managed
    accounts. The principle has government affliation to Nevis as an economic minister. He seems to have done a good job. It has made making wedding arrangements and booking blocks of hotel rooms there very easy, I give them the name of my banker and tell them to call him and he will arrange payment.

Damn, I'm rambling...sorry I really wanted to know about you and what you are doing currently. It sounds good if you
    can opine openly and it is appreciated. I have a feeling about your politics based on your economist views, you are not
    a Kensyean (sp).
    And what I really wanted to know was where you hope to open your dispensary? Is it a current legal state?
    Do you see an end soon to the banking problem and what do you do in the mean time? There seems to be a true
    economic embargo against MJ related business. I have bunch of questions about all of this and I'm sure you have done some serious thinking on the subject. Need some of your thoughts.
    OM

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. emilya

Good questions, and no, I am not a Keynesian. Family ties keep me bound to Missouri for now and we are hopeful that some sort of legalization will happen here soon. I do volunteer work for NORML and Show Me Cannabis, working to gather signatures and speak at various events around the state. For our planned dispensary my family has formed a consortium of interested investors and we have been quietly outfitting a large growing operation out in a rural area so as to be ready when it becomes legal to pop some seeds.
    For the last several years I have worked for a major pharmaceutical company in the economic planning unit, and recently have been promoted to Assistant to the CFO, and lead Economist. This has allowed me to buy a nice house and car, with the downside that this has forced me to move into the city to be closer to work. Gone are the easy going days of being able to work from home in the country, but city life is allowing me to better enjoy my new responsibilities and lifestyle. I have helped my brother set up a growing area to supply the needs of our family, which allows me to stay at arm's length from the activity, while still being able to work in the garden a bit each week just to oversee what is going on and make suggestions as necessary.
    Everything is going to change in this new emerging cannabis industry over the next 5 years as we wait for the USDHHS patent to expire. All of the major pharmaceutical companies are preparing for major research projects as soon as it is allowed to do so. The banking industry is still crippled by Federal regulations and can't allow the insertion of the money coming from this Federally illegal industry. The current scuttlebut is that as much as there is pressure to allow this "drug money" into the money market, there is just as much pressure or more from this administration to run everything by the book, law and order all the way. Sessions and the DOJ are not going to back down on pot right now since they are needing to go after some much bigger state's rights issues at the moment and the only justification for what they are doing is the insistence from the top that Federal law supersedes in ALL matters. They can not take one stance on pot and yet another on stopping illegal immigration or sanctuary cities/states. Unlike immigration the administration is not pushing to interfere with the States as they continue to experiment with cannabis/hemp legality and we are not expecting any movement right now on pot or hemp legality at the federal level, or rescheduling. The advice from the courts is that they are still watching this all pan out in the testbench legalized states, looking for unintended consequences, problems and adjustments that will need to be made in traffic law, job place drug testing and medical liability laws, just to name a few. We are seeing lots of pressure to legalize in the medical community from abroad too, with Israel announcing more and more advances in disease treatment using cannabinoids every month, and with the pending expiration of the USDHHS patent, this pressure will continue to build over the next 5 years for our big Pharma companies to develop effective treatments for USA patients. We are already seeing huge pressure from the epilepsy, substance abuse and chronic pain communities who know that effective cannabinoid based treatments are available in other countries but still excluded from the US market. I don't expect any movement on rescheduling or banking regulations at the federal level until the last year of Trump's second term, although we expect a few more states to join in on the tests. The pressure from labs like ours and others who are gearing up for research into new products will continue to build until 2023. We are planning a large anti-opioid campaign and a push toward safer and more natural drugs as we get closer to the patent release to increase public pressure in this direction. Meanwhile, the boomers continue to get older and more numerous, with maximum pressure expected to hit just about the same time the patent goes away. If the free market Republicans get back in office in 2020, I think we will see rescheduling, the ending of the prohibition and limited federal legalization before 2024... if the big government control liberals get back in office I expect to see the USDHHS renew some sort of patent that keeps research solely in the government's control, no change in scheduling and an end to the limited legalizations we now enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. irydyum

irydyum Registered+

Welcome back good sir :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Welcome back. From a New Guy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TomSawyer2112

Emilya..... All I can say is WOW!! You’ve won my heart and full blown attention. It’s good to see that I’m not alone here when it comes to certain values. I look forward to your posts and commentary. Good luck in MO. We don’t share the same optimism here in TX anytime soon. It’s gonna take a miracle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. emilya

Today's Tom Sawyer
    Mean mean pride...
    No, his mind is not for rent
    To any God or government

Greetings Tom, and thank you. Regarding Texas, once you hang a nomiquer like "Loco Weed" on a plant, its going to take some doin' after that to turn around and make it legal. Miracle is about right. Don't mess with Texas.
    I woke up to see likes of lots of my old political stuff on here. I am glad to have a fan and another like minded person in the room, not to mention someone else who can say, yep, she was right. Thank you for being a friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TomSawyer2112

Yep. I’m a very old Rush fan. Neil Pearts’ lyrics and percussion skills are awesome and Geddy is phenomenal on a Bass guitar. Alex is a fantastic guitarist too. I used to get blitzed listening to their early albums back in the 1970s.
    I’m not really going to focus on politics here, unless it has to do with legalization. I will say that even though I don’t like Sessions, I think Pres Trump has made an astounding difference in my paycheck and tax refund. I just wished he would do something about legalization. I realize though that if he has plans on this, he’s not gonna even address it until his second term. To me that just makes sense strategically. Because the extreme right is gonna be pissed when he does it. He doesn’t want to jeopardize 2020. So that’s what I’m praying for. 420 in 2020. Meanwhile I have to be extremely sneaky and stay below the radar and grow for myself. Sadly, I can’t even use anything beyond CBD at this point because of my job. So I may just be growing and stocking up. I would definitely like to start my seed cache but I don’t remember what the shelf life is for seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. emilya

Dry and in the fridge, years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TomSawyer2112

Okay. With that information, I need to find a source for seeds. Gotta do some more research now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

• Like Like x 2