help analyzing mold

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by Ed Kemper, Jun 17, 2018.

  1. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Registered

    Hi,

    can you tell me if this is mold ? When I look at the picture I would say yes BUT the buds smell like berry and and are firm and not squishy but is it still smokeable ?

    Strain: Granddaddy Purple

    Thanks!
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Dutch Pimp

    Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

    gonna need a closer look IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG
     
  3. Weezard

    Weezard Registered+

    There are many, different kinds of mold.
    That, is one of them.

    Most, like powdery mildew, are harmless and washable. Some are not.
    The harmless ones can be trimmed off.
    The deadly ones generate mycotoxins that extend farther than the observed infection.
    Can't tell you what kind that is though.
    Unidentified molds should be tossed.
    They are not even safe for oil extraction.

    Not a big loss. those buds were harvested much too early.:)

    Aloha,
    Wee 'zard
     
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Registered

    Attached Files:

  5. EvilCartman

    EvilCartman Registered+

    I wouldn't smoke it. :(
     
  6. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Registered

    i already got rid of it but the problem is it was very difficult to identify the mold it is not visible with the eye only under the microscope and i don't want to inspect every little bud from every angle with the microscope it would take ages....:mad:
     
  7. EvilCartman

    EvilCartman Registered+

    It can be tough.
    Usually, it'll look just a little too white, at a glance.
    If that's the case, I'll break out the loupe. A small folding printers loupe is perfect.
     
  8. Weezard

    Weezard Registered+

    And, when trimming, look for standalone, brown, shriveled, sugar leaves.
    Spread the bud at that point and you will usually find brown mold.
    Chop it out, with a good margin, and the rest of the bud is usable.
    If you see black, or gray mold, discard the entire bud.
    PM, is non toxic, but is not tasty. You can safely rinse it off with 3% H2O2.

    Having fun yet? :)
    Weeze
     
  9. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Registered

    At the end of flowering i saw some wrinkled leafs and i knew something is not right I opened the bud and it was black squishy mold and the bud fall apart. I got rid of the whole bud.
    Thats the reason I wasn't sure if the buds in the pictures got mold because they look so different. How do I know if this is PM or Mold?
     

Share This Page