Help, first grow.

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by Blazedbeyondbelief, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Blazedbeyondbelief

Blazedbeyondbelief Registered

Hey guys I'm new here so excuse my breaking any rules. I've got a sativa (I think) that's been vegging for exactly 4 weeks now. It's around 8 inches tall with 7 sets of nodes (true leaves at 1, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9 with another set of 9 emerging). Secondary branching is present throughout the plant. Internodal distance is approximately 1.5 inches. I used red soil mixed with vermicompost and tap water. No nutes or ph control. Lighting is a 15 watt led with 3 20 watt cfl's giving a total actual wattage of 75 watts (I know that's terrible... ). I have pictures attached. Please help. I just want a decent yield. IMG_20160811_090757.jpg IMG_20160811_090635.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Registered+

I don't grow indoors, but I can tell you that's a sativa. Welcome, btw.

3. Blazedbeyondbelief

Thanks mate! Anything else you can tell by just looking at the pictures? Need all the help I can get.

4. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Registered+

It looks healthy. If you're looking for techniques for getting more buds, click here.

5. Blazedbeyondbelief

Good to know I think I'll save the techniques for my next grow!

6. Barbara Martin

Barbara Martin Registered+

Hi Blaze bey. I researched on this and try to some small kind of steps so that you will clear about this.

It is best to slice branches independently to permit best wind current in when this drying, instead of keep plants entirety.

How you cut your plants depends chiefly on their sizeā€”on the off chance that they are little, cleaving them down at the principle stem ought to be fine, however in the event that they are enormous and numerous extended, it might be prudent to hack down every branch independently. The principle points to recollect when chopping down your plants in readiness for drying is that consideration must be taken to abstain from mauling the blossoms and possibly harming them. It is likewise savvy to guarantee that adequate wind stream will have the capacity to circle around the blooms as they dry; isolating the plant branch-by-branch ought to be sufficient to guarantee this.

And firstly you should cut those branches which is larger and close to that stem and put them very softly on your any tray. After this that all branches have been cut from plants, then get of twine or string and blind them around all branches close to the point at where they were cut, and please hang it on the any clothes line so that they are exclude above that tray. You can use your scissors, and softly remove all large leaves that is in poor conditions so that airflow around the flowers is not block.

7. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

Your plant looks healthy. About the only way to make it bushier, is to give it the strongest light you can. Photosynthesis happens with light.

Consider how tall/large you want. At about half that height, is when you should switch to bloom lighting, as it will double in size before harvest time. Use bloom nutrients during the bloom period.

8. Blazedbeyondbelief

Guys my bottom leaves are turning yellow. What do I do?

Attached Files:

9. Dancing_Bear

Dancing_Bear Registered+

Probably nitrogen deficiency.

10. redtails

redtails Registered+

I wouldn't go doing anything, it will lose a leaf or 2 here and there. The oldest leaves go first and you don't need them anymore. If more leaves go yellow right away you can figure it probably needs transplanting to a larger container based on it's size and age. You could alternatively start feeding once a week with a nitrogen rich fertilizer until bloom but a refresh of the soil should tide you over a bit longer.

11. Eagle-ize

Eagle-ize Registered

If you can wrangle more light, this would be the first thing I would do. Once that is sorted, there are numerous training techniques that
    can help with yield. LST (low stress Training), SuperCrop, Scrog, Defoliation (advanced and strain dependent) are a few. These techniques,
    however, may or may not be the right fit because a lot depends on your genetics and the way your particular cultivar prefers to grow.

Providing an ideal environment for another living organism to thrive can prove challenging but having better control over temps, humidity,
    lighting, nutrient, etc. usually deliver better results.

Based on your pic, the structure of your plant looks like it will lend itself to an LST. Around a tomato cage perhaps?
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1