Help me design my first 1 plant grow

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by 1plantspecial, Sep 13, 2017.

1. 1plantspecial

1plantspecial Registered

Hi all, patient in MI interested in trying my hand at 1 plant grow. Here's my plan, I'd love any and all advice as I'm completely new to growing hence the 1 plant grow. First off I would like to do this indoors. Will be in a 4 foot wide by 8 foot tall about 4 foot back from the door. I think this is reasonable for 1 plant. My first inquiry is what light to use? Im willing to spend the money to do it right so any suggestions are warmly welcomed. Secondly I am curious about ventilation. Suggestions? Thanks all in advance I really appreciate it. Blaze on

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

4x4x8 Will easily house 4 plants. But, if you only want one, you will have plenty of elbow room.
    I use a home brew 56 Watt Red:Blue LED array to grow 48" veggers, then they go out in the sun.
    If you need to do the flowering indoors, you will need a little more power.

In that space, I'd recommend Magical Growth LED light,
    Their smallest array would do all that you need and has enough power to expand your grow once you know how much fun it is to grow your own.
    Look them up. Ive met the owner, I liked him.

You will want, a 16 oz. beer cup for sprouting the seed.
    And larger containers for up potting in veg. I use a 4" square pot, then a 6 or 7".
    When the roots fill that, a 5 or 6 gallon pot should be about right for that height cabinet.
    Remember, you will need a little headroom for the light.

First grow, single plant?
    I'd play it safe and just use Fox Farm Ocean Forest all the way.
    If you up pot in a timely manner, you will need no additional fertilizer.

Of course, test and look up your tap water.
    When growing in containers, water PH is important.
    Tap water PH, at least here, is variable, so retest it regularly.
    That, and ventilation's pretty much all you need.
    I recommend a small oscillating fan just strong enough to keep the fan leaves moving.

If your grow needs to be on the down low, an exhaust fan with an odor filter is needed.
    Good Ganja reeks!

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard