PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Help please! Seeds won't sprout!

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Asauve, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Asauve

Asauve Registered

My room is 76 degrees, 32 humidity, planted 12 paradise Pandora, 5 sprouted, I planted them about half inch. They said that was too deep, so I planted 7 more about an eighth inch down, none sprouted. I don't water them, I'm using fox farms soil. They are under a 600 watt light. Used paper towel germ method, all looked great with white tail about quarter inch long..

What am I doing wrong!?
  2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

you might be waiting too long to transfer them to the soil? 12-24 hours in the paper towel; then move to soil

keep temp 80-85 degrees F....soil moist
  3. Asauve

Asauve Registered

Well at 24 hours, they didn't have a tail at all, I waited 48 hours on both. At 24 they had just opened
  4. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

5. bigsby

bigsby Banned

That's a lot of light for a seedling unless you dim it or raise it up high. A couple of CFLs @ 24/7 would be better. They don't need much light to sprout. Also, the FFOF can be hot for some seedlings. Consider using a proper seedling mix. Finally and perhaps most importantly, you must keep the soil damp for the first few days or the tap root dries and they die. A spray bottle is best for keeping the soil moist. I flush my pots before planting so that all the soil is thoroughly wet when they go in.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011