Help! Soaking wet weed! :(

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by jewsif, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jewsif

jewsif Registered

Hi, My stuuupid friend left a bag of green outside, and it rained...And yes, the bag was OPEN! :mad:

The bag was completely flooded as it was in a dip in my outdoor bench.

If i dry it out, will it still be good to smoke, seeing as THC isn't soluble in water..?

Its gone all soggy and smells of mud.. Would anyone still smoke it once it has dried out?

HELP! :(

Also, any recommendations on drying it out?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. smok3y

smok3y Registered+

Ahh man thats a dull one..
    TAke the weed out the bag and leave to dry. Once its dry it should be ok.. Try and take as much mud off ass possible. How bad is it? Any pics?

3. jewsif

jewsif Registered

Nah i have no pics. Theres no mud on it, but it just smells of old football boots lol..

Its pretty much just mulch, and its quite slimy... :(

Thanks for the reply dude.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  4. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

No doubt it's still safer than soapbar. As long as it hasn't moulded, you should be okay.

5. jewsif

jewsif Registered

Does it go white if it has moulded? Sorry about my noobiness :p.

6. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

The most common mould you will see on bud is grey mold, or botyris. It is grey and powdery, and may have an 'off' smell.
    You should not see it if you dry your buds quickly and completely. Spread them out in a cake pan or on a piece of paper, and set the pan in a warmish spot with some air flow. I like to put mine in the vicinity of a heating register, but not too close.

7. melodious fellow

melodious fellow Registered+

it rains outside :thumbsup:

just dry them bitches real good and you will be straight.

hairdryer maybe?

spread out in a pan in an oven (preferrably a small toaster one, mine sets as low as 100F) or a cooking pan on a stove top on very very low setting, no more than 120F or so... shake pan often?

good luck bro.

peace

8. Coelho

Coelho Registered

Just microwave it and it will be OK...

(Before people asks: no the THC will NOT evaporate... in fact the weed may become even more potent due the decarboxilation)