Help with decarboxilation of bubble hash

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by BookReader, Mar 24, 2017.

1. BookReader

BookReader Registered

Hi all,

I extracted some bubble hash with bubble bags. I ended up with about 4 grams of bubble hash. Since I don't like to smoke it, I tried to decarb it so I could make a liquid to ingest. I planned to decarb the hash and then mix with syrup so I could ingest it. I decarbed the hash in a beaker in a fondue pot. I had it in there for about 25 minutes at 250 degrees F. It never really "boiled" even though the temp for the pot was set at 250 degrees and my laser thermometer said it was around 250 degrees F. It didn't turn in to a liquid and now all I have is a sticky black ball of something. What should I do with it? It didn't disperse in the syrup, just remained a sticky black ball. Any help would be appreciated. I'd still like to disperse the product in a liquid for consumption.
    BookReader

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

It will dissolve in ethanol, 181 proof Everclear.
    Or butter, or coconut oil.

But why bother?
    We used to crumble the hash, and heat it in a teaspoon over the gas rang until it gives off wisp of smoke, then just eat it.
    If you dissolve it in butter, or oil, then use that oil to make cookies there is no need to decarb. That will happen in the cooking.

Be very careful with the cookies, have some un-hashed ones on hand because the first cookie will give you the "munchies".
    And it can take more that an hour to kick in, it is very tempting to eat a second one while you wait.
    Do not do that for at least and hour and a half!

Enjoy,
    Wee 'zard

• Like Like x 1
  3. BookReader

BookReader Registered

Hi Wee'zard,
    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I ate a tiny bit of it that was stuck on the chopstick I used to stir the hash when I decarbed it. OMG, about 4 hours later I could feel a definite buzz! So it did decarb! It was very pleasant and lasted a long time. So now I know it is decarbed and it is also very strong product. I looked at some Everclear here in CA, we only have 151 proof. It's kind of expensive though, $20 for a liter.

Do you think the hash will dissolve in 80 proof vodka? I do have some of that.

Thanks for your assistance.

BookReader

4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Should do.
    It's worth a try.