help with grams and dimes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by GetBakedOrDieTryin, Apr 27, 2006.

1. GetBakedOrDieTryin

GetBakedOrDieTryin Registered+

anybody know how much of a gram or how many grams should be in a dime, quarter, or nick?

2. bralasta

bralasta Registered

In a quater there is 7 grams, i dont know about dimes and nick though, because i do not live in america.

3. Frivolous248

Frivolous248 Registered+

dime is generally 1-1.5g, and a nick is like .5g

4. Vinny87

Vinny87 Registered+

Well, where I'm at I'd say the dimes are about 1 gram. I've never bought nickels, but I'd assume a little less than half a gram.

EDIT: Whoops, Friv beat me to it.

5. Pete Rock

Pete Rock Registered+

I hate gettin 0.8 gram sacks

6. krustythfreakinclown

krustythfreakinclown Registered+

A word of advice about nickel and dime bags:

If all you have is $5 or $10 at a time to spend on weed, you are wasting your money and need to get a job or a better job.

Here's why:
    The less quantity you buy, the more it costs per unit purchased. So, let's assume a dime bag might cost you $10 and weigh 1 gram. By contrast, if you bought a quarter, which is 7 grams, you would only spend...umm...let's just say $50.

So, spending money on 7 grams when you are buying them one gram at a time, you will spend $70 for the same amount of weed that would cost you $50 if you bought it all at once.

And if you have an income, how hard is it to wait a week or two and not smoke any weed, so you can buy a fat-ass quarter and save 20 bucks? Then, the next time you go to buy a quarter, you only have to save $30, since you had the $20 left over from the last time you bought.

And if you *really* need to get high while saving up for that quarter, you can always split the cost with a friend and pay $25 for 3.5 grams. You still save $10 ($10/gram, buy 3.5 grams, $10x3.5=$35).

And if you buy half ounces or ounces, you pay even less per gram.

So, go clean for a couple of weeks, save your money up and buy a quarter or more. If you keep buying gram bags, you're never going to have a decent amount of weed, you will be constantly trying to score and most importantly, you are going to continue wasting your money by paying for something that is more expensive than it should be.

You can go a few weeks without buying weed. Really.

7. GratefulDead4ever

GratefulDead4ever Registered+

yeah the more you buy the cheaper you get each for a gram but you also run a risk at such high amounts of something bad happenin like gettin mugged or gettin shafted

8. GetBakedOrDieTryin

how many dime bags would equal one quarter in general?

9. GetBakedOrDieTryin

are u sure there isn't a "street" verison of a quarter? cuz a street dealer would never sell 7 times the amount of a dime for only 25 bucks, when a dime is 10.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  10. GetBakedOrDieTryin

i suppose back in the 70s when dealers were growing sometimes 40 plants at the same time would do that... but nowadays its much more common for drug dealers to have 6 or 7.

11. tokinggreg

tokinggreg Registered+

lol.. a "quarter" refers to a quarter ounce, not quarter as in $25.

12. CYRAX

CYRAX Registered+

Nicks ~ .5G - .9G
    Dimes ~ 1.0G - 1.9G

for nicks, .5 is skimpy, and .9 is fat..
    for dimes, 1.0 is skimpy, and 1.9 is fat..

^This goes for NY and CT, and most other eastern states^

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  13. pixel

pixel Registered+

i am about to solve all of your gram issues very simply - u need to memorize a certain gram / price and then do the math to get any other price u want -

mine is 1.7g = $20
    therefore a dime is .85g because 1.7/2 = .85
    a nick is .425g because .85/2 = .425

u can go up, too

1.7 x 2 = 3.4g - but many dealers will give you 3.5g (an eigth)

3.5 x 2 = 7g, a quarter ounce

therefore 7x4 = 28, which means 28grams = 1 ounce

u get the picture im sure

14. LIP

LIP Banned

Simple rule, buy in bulk, its always cheaper.

15. welshkillabee

welshkillabee Registered+

Just buy OZ's and sell a bit to your mates

16. GetBakedOrDieTryin

lemme repeat what i said doods.... no street dealer would ever sell u a quarter for 25 bucks which is seven grams... when a dime is worth 10, and about 1.0-1.5 grams.

17. Krogith

Krogith Registered+

Rofl

no no a dine refers to 10cents get it 1.0 and when someone says a Quarter there talking 1/4 of a Ounce! wich is 7 g's or 2 1/8's ( Buy bigger bunches you get broke down some also when buying bigger):smokin:

18. Bong30

Bong30 Registered+

i like to buy in portions of pounds or just pounds..... a nickle is what falls on the floor....

just kiding i remember those days...

you guys are making this way to hard....

19. Solistus

Solistus Banned

A quarter in weed terminology DOES NOT MEAN IT COSTS $25! It's a quarter ounce, or 7g.

20. bulletz144

bulletz144 Registered+

where im from, a nickel is .5

a chincy dime is .7, a dime is a gram, and a fat dime is 1.3-1.5

a quarter is 7 grams, a half ounce 14, an ounce 28, a pound is 16 ounces (i think)