High Pressure Aeroponics Round 2

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by OGiesel, Jan 8, 2017.

1. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

:rastasmoker:Hi gang, ogiesel here! back at it with the HP Aeroponics. As some of you may already know. My last HPA grow ended in the plants being thrown out because they both turned Hermi. They were both doing extremely well too. Vigorous growth & great overall health. It was a good test run as it was also my first ever HPA run. I learned alot of information & new techniques.
    FYI my setup is the same.

Anyway this time around, i've opted to go with the two Kona Gold clones I had going in my AG. It was too hard for me to get clones from a dispensary. The nearest dispensary to have clones is about 30 miles away from me, and it's pretty damn hard to find a way over there when I work M-f, let alone the suspended liscense part:S2:

The plants have currently grown out of the budding faze and have started vegging again. I switched the light cycle yesterday though to 11 on 13 off, so now, they are budding once more(will be soon technically.) We'll see how this crop turns out.

2. tangentweed

tangentweed Registered+

Why'd you switch back to veg then back to flower?
    Plants can hermie on you when you mess with their growth cycle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

This is very true. & I took clones from a plant that was already too far into the budding stage, while the clones were rooting, they kept flowering. So I had to re-veg. I've done it in the past with success but only time will tell with these girls

4. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Best of luck on this new Kona Gold grow. I'll be watching as always. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Well bad luck strikes again fellas. I few days ago I noticed the plants a few leaves that were slightly drooping, I figured it was minor heat stress so I just cranked the duct fan a little higher and went to sleep. Next morning right before I head to work I check on them to see if it went away and both of the plants were drooped over completely, all the tops, leaves, buds, ect were drooping hardcore. I checked my reservior and it was completely empty. I didn't have tI'm to properly fix my setup since I was already late to work so I just throw in 10 gallons in the res and then changed my timer schedule to 30 seconds on one minute off to compensate for the air that was trapped in my lines / filters. But that was another big mistake, I came home later that day to find that my reservior was AGAIN out of water and this time, my drainage tote overflowed as well, I had a good inch or so of water sitting at the bottom of my tent. What a terruble day that was. Since then, both plants have recovered , but they were both severely damaged. The leaf/bud production has completely come to a stand still

6. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Damn, sometimes ya just can't catch a break. I hope they will recover, though it sounds grim atm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Actually today they were looking a whole lot better than the last two days that's forsure, id say they've started producing buds again, I'll get some pics in tomorrow, lights are already off atm

• Like Like x 1
  8. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Sorry about not being able to get the pics up, i've just been insanely busy this past month it's been to hard for me to post anything. I manager to take some pictures of the plast today, I'll try to post them in a couple minutes

9. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Good news, I finally got pictures of the girls, but bad luck strikes again! These west coast storms have been nailing us hard. We've had severe flooding and insane winds. As a result, I haven't had power for almost 72 hours straight. I've been keeping them alive by filling up the root chambers with about 2 gallons of water and draining it every 6 hours or so. So far, they've stayed alive and haven't been affected too much. Here's the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In this next pic you can see the scars left from when my reservior ran out of water
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

They are looking nice, did you get your power back?

11. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Yes the power finally came back on around 5 pm yesterday

12. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Anyone else having problems posting?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Here's some pics!!!
    First pic taken on the 28th
    [​IMG]
    Second pic was taken 4 days ago
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. smello1

smello1 Registered+

coming along real nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tangentweed

tangentweed Registered+

OGiesel - I'm glad you and your beautiful girls we able to ride out the recent storms.
    We were hammered pretty good too up here in the Reno/Tahoe area.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tangentweed

tangentweed Registered+

OGiesel - Lookin' good

Where's the thumbs up guy?...

17. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Yeah the storms were pretty brutal here. Luckily the grow is almost over.

Fyi for anyone who can't post. I'm not sure if your having the same problem as me but it wont let me write a new post. I've been having to reply to someone's post. Repost their original quote, and then go back and edit the post. It's the only way I've found that works. Really hope they fix this soon.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017