High Times cover-to-cover FIXED

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

High Times digital edition a/k/a "cover-to-cover" finally fixed the security issues with the website.

The issue at hand was an expired web certificate causing security problems with most browsers refusing to load the web page.

I figured out that High Times was sold last summer if I recall, but they forgot to change ownership of the web certificate for the cover-to-cover website, putting the certificate in purgatory.

Sure glad they fixed the issue though. I was able to sorta hack chrome, by adjusting flags and other tweaks to chrome, but it sucked.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

In 1977-78 I worked for Jim Greenwood's Licorice Pizza, a record and tape store who sold rolling papers and the like in sunny so cal. As an employee I was allowed to take any magazines I wanted as long as I pulled off the cover. For years I had kept those issues of High Times. Lost 'em some dozen years ago in a slab leak flood. Sure wish I still had them. Good reads.

3. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

For $60/year you can read every issue online, including new issues. I find it's well worth it. The only gripe is that the issues load slow, but it could be due to having satellite internet. Also I have to clear the browser cache often, or it starts loading even slower. But it's still is a good deal if your like me and want to browse old issues of High Times.

At $60, I doubt I'll keep subscribing annually though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Yeah, $60 is a bit steep. Just lost some great memories and most of their new stuff is on line. If I've learned nothing else in my 29 or so years is that patience is a virtue. Who said that?

5. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I was curious to browse old issues, but after several months my interest in old issues had waned. At first it was so cool, but after a while it sorta becomes a "been there, done that." Technology and everything else related to cannabis evolves at a tremendous rate, and issues more than a few years old are more of a curiosity.

• Like Like x 1