PAX2 Vaporizer

homemade reflector

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by busteruk7, Mar 2, 2006.

1. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

ive made a reflector for my 200w envirolite what i did i used the side panel off my old pc server case bent it to the shape i wanted and coated it with mylar i used spray adhesive to attach the mylar to the panel and drilled holes on both sides for hanging it with my easy roll hangers ive attached pieces of wood to it too to hold the actuall e40 lamp holder and lamp and it seems to be doing the job ok ill post some pics and if anyone has any ideas that will make this better then that would be great thanks all
    or do you think i should ditch the homemade one and buy a proper one lol

Attached Files:

2. turtle420

turtle420 Banned

Nice

^^^
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 4U

Bravo dude... very good. Home-made stuff. Ingenuity. Engineering. Imagination. StonerHood.

Looks great man. No, don't go out and buy a commercial one.

Maybe you can add a fan to the other side of the reflector... maybe using a piece of wood like you did with the bulb socket. Something like a PC fan... shooting air straight into the bulb.

Best dude,

-turtle420 :cool:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  3. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

i will add another fan cheers turtle for the idea i thought it wasent going to be as good as a commercial one but it works and thats what matters at the end of the day glad you like it, i will post another pic when i have added another fan to it watch this space lol:dance:

4. latewood

latewood Banned

GOOD JOB. nice to see someone show some initiative

5. Legalizdahurb

Legalizdahurb Registered+

6. turtle420

turtle420 Banned

THIS IS A JOKE

lol !

Told ya' Buster, good work! ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  7. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

ive slightly alltered the reflector and placed a fan shooting air in to the bulb just a lil impovement thanks all

Attached Files:

8. turtle420

turtle420 Banned

Looking good... :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was going to tell you....

SECURITY WARNING with Mylar...
    Re-check your pictures 3 times before uploading... Mylar is like a mirror... be carefull you don't show your face...

9. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

yeah i thought of that cheers turtle luckily i was standing to far away from it when taking the pic anyway thanks all :thumbsup:

10. MrGreenFingaz

MrGreenFingaz Registered+

right on man, thats awesome

11. 4x5

4x5 Registered+

The Hood I am using now is made from an old highway sign, "Lane ends". painted with epoxy (appliance) paint. spray adhesive is a great idea for mylar, cool hood!

12. Zandor

Zandor Registered+

13. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

nice cheers everyone glad you all like it well it serves its purpose and dident really cost me out im pleased with it
    i even made another one similar to this check out my homemade vegcab thread
    cheers all :)

14. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

I am planning on doing this same thing with thoughs CFL's, nice work!

15. 2MC5

2MC5 Registered+

Good move I would have never thought of using the side panel off my pc!!! Then agene I am stoned most of the time!!!!! Where am i??????

16. kully

kully Registered+

Buster i have exactly the same light as you,and im going to build a hood aswell

You said you attached a piece of wood to it for the lamp socket,

How did you attach the socket for the lamp onto that piece of wood,like in the first picture?

cheers

17. Legalizdahurb

Hi Kully.
    I also have the same lights I just went to the local hardware store and bought some bolts. I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      361.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      326.3 KB
      Views:
  18. gr0ingCrack

gr0ingCrack Registered

damn nice i just used ripped open monster cans and some wet sand paper!

19. Legalizdahurb

Nice i heard that worked well. I have reflectors designed for differant bulbs so i had 2 mod a little, but its all good.