How long does hash last?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Kyrandian, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Kyrandian

Kyrandian Registered+

I lucked out, and I'm sitting on about 4 grams of some really good hash. (Fellow east-coast United States residents know how rare this is). My 'fantasy' with it, is to be able to save it for some unnamed special occasion in the future, where suddenly busting out a gram or so of hash would be a very cool surprise. That being said, how long would it survive? I assume longer than actual buds, but does anyone have a general idea how I can maximize its lifespan? As of now I keep it in a safe in an air-tight test tube from a blood bank.

thanks!

2. xblackdogx

xblackdogx Registered+

pretty sure anythin air tight will allow you to keep for 2 months +....
    keep it somewhere dark and you should have no problems...

3. scream

scream Registered+

put it in a film canister and put that in your freezer. should last a few months at least

4. psteve

psteve Registered+

Don't store it airtight or you could get mold.
    Keep it in a cool dark dry place.

5. Piff Smoker

Piff Smoker Registered+

Just Smoke It :thumbsup:

6. Coelho

Coelho Registered

Well... there was a time when my only source of THC was a small ball of hash oil i did make in times of plenty of weed. It was almost 2 yrs old. The effects were weaker than when it was new, but still did make me stoned.
    Anyway, i think if you store it in an airtight container, to prevent oxidation of the THC by the air, it may remain good for a long time.

7. friendoftheend

friendoftheend Registered+

I like the freezer idea :jointsmile:

8. LIP

LIP Banned

Keep it in something airtight and it'll last for years. I wouldnt freeze it.

Just make sure it's in a dark, DARK, dry, cool place.

9. scream

scream Registered+

oh my god friendoftheend...i <3 your avatar

sorry for the off topic.

back on topic...keep it dark, keep it dry (FREEZER) and it will last a long long long time.
    If it is airtight the freezer will keep it from getting humidity because the humidity will freeze. just when you smoke it pinch off a little and put the rest in the freezer to keep it dry/frozen

10. WeedyBoyWonder

WeedyBoyWonder Registered+

Just wrap it in clingfilm and put it in an air tight container, wack it in your cupboard or where ever. Hash would last for months and months, don't even worry about it.
    I deffinatly wouldn't bother freezing it, fuck that.

11. TurnyBright

TurnyBright Registered+

10000000 years

12. BeatlesRGod

BeatlesRGod Registered+

Weed is best in a cold, dark, dry place (freezer is also good) so I'm guessing hash would be the same.
    Nice find!! (I too live on east coast)

13. Dreamskies

Dreamskies Registered+

I'm in the same situation as you. I got a big brick of really good hash a few years ago and I'm storing it since good hash is so rare where I live. I just broke it up into a few pieces so it would fit in a mason jar and have just been storing it since. I usually break off a gram for special occasions like birthdays, 4-20, new years, etc. Smokes just as good as when I bought it. As long as its stored in an airtight container, and kept somewhere dark, cool, and dry it will last a very long time.