How long does it take a seedling to come out of rockwool when it was germinated

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Macman9290, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Macman9290

Macman9290 Registered

Hey guys i was just curious how long it takes a seed to come through and seedling through rockwool it has been 4 days and only 1/10 of my germinated seeds have poked through the rockwool. I have them in a pc stealth box with temp at 72 degrees and CFL grow lights. The rockwool is not waterlogged nor dry.

2. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Did you pre germinate (towels/soaking) them and then put them in cubes ??????

3. Macman9290

Macman9290 Registered

yes i germinated them in between two paper towels that were damp not soaked and they germinated. I waited until each stem was about a little bigger than the seed itself so maybe 1/2" long then put them in the cubes.

4. willy181

willy181 Registered+

I never use rockwool I had nothing but problems with it, I will only use jiffy pellets now.

5. Wantukcheese

Wantukcheese Registered+

In my experience 3-6 days.

6. Ocotillo

Ocotillo Registered+

Multiple posts in multiple site forums for the same question is considered bad netiquette. I'm just sayin'.

That's not a stem, it's a root.

And for the 5th time..... Just put them in soil and don't keep messing with them!!!!! You're killing them with kindness. It works for me anyway. But hey, you keep posting and asking until you find the answer you're looking for even if it's wrong. Good luck with all that.

7. willy181

willy181 Registered+

Totally agree with ocotillo just plant them from the start and wait for them to sprout, normally takes up to a week.

8. Macman9290

Macman9290 Registered

Ight guys thnx. I shouldve worded this more properly and just straight up asked how long does it take. thats it

9. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Never pre germinate your seeds as thats seems to be your problem (tap root damage).
    Just plant them in to jiffys straight out the pack and they will sprout within 3-7 days evrytime.

If you need some good info on this just ask.

10. Macman9290

Macman9290 Registered

yeh ludacris that sounds like a good idea but i heard you can put the seeds in safe water and see if they sink? Or leave them in some type of germanant.

11. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

man if you are haveing this much trouble with germinateing you are on a looong road of frustrations...dont overcomplicate things...good luck

12. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

I will post up a document for you.

13. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+