How long to show sex from 12/12?

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by Crispyfried, May 5, 2006.

1. Crispyfried

Crispyfried Registered+

So after the start of 12/12, how long does it take to see the female hairs?

2. britewire

britewire Registered+

10 days for me

After a week you should check the plants intencly every day.

3. Crispyfried

Crispyfried Registered+

Cool, I've got about five days to go then.

4. LIP

LIP Banned

Well, it can take up to 3 weeks for a long flowering sativa. It's normally 10 days though, because the plant has to get used to the new light cycle.

5. LIP

LIP Banned

Infact, i said that wrong, its normally 2 weeks, not 10 days for a normal plant.

Sorry.

6. mugshot

mugshot Registered

Hmm...

I've got 6 plants 12/12 now for only 6 days. All of them have tiny little growths where buds grow. Tell me this is noobie worry but 5/6 seem like male flowers...the other i'm not sure because it's not as far along...do the first signs of flowers always look like tiny little nubs? It's just bag seed and it's been pretty easy growing but I'd hate to have the last 2.5 months waisted by not having any females out of the crop...

7. mugshot

mugshot Registered

here are some pics

DSC00161.JPG

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

now that i see a couple of pics i really can't tell...like i said before 6 days 12/12

8. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

on that 3rd pic i can see lil balls give it a lil more time cause these balls could sprout lil white hairs
    cheers all :)

9. LIP

LIP Banned

I agree with buster. Give it 14 days. Any with balls take out and kill them.

If they have white hairs love and cherish them.

10. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

a lot depends on the strain ... the Cinderella99 strains Im growing now, have the ability to 'pre-flower' automatically after about 6 weeks of vegging ... first time I ever saw this happen, pretty cool to see the sex before you even adjust the light-cycle, etc ... now I have clones 2" tall, with female buds, hairs ... :smokin:

11. mugshot

mugshot Registered

cool will do....as it stands one looks definetely female and the other 5 look male. The flowers on the ones I think are male are entirely different from the female and the female has sprouted little white hairs....Wonder if I should just keep growing or put her back into veg to make clones.

12. LIP

LIP Banned

YES. Make her a mother plant and take clones!!!!