PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

how long to veg from seed

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by Fissle, May 9, 2007.

1. Fissle

Fissle Registered+

this is my first year, and I am keeping them inside to get a little strength, then put them outside to flower.

right now they have been vegging for 11 days. started from seed. all of them are 5-7 inches tall. how much longer should I veg them? few weeks?

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

...12 to 15 inches tall....marks the end of veg cycle...if you are ready to flower...or you can keep going in veg for long as needed...in my opinion....:pimp: ....I prefer 24/0..veg....:cool: ....

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. Fissle

Fissle Registered+

really? I thought that the 6 hours off gave the plant time to rest

4. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

...growers choice...some like 18/6...some like 24/0...for veg....

5. curious101

curious101 Registered+

i used 24 hrs last time...and this time am going with 18/6 because i had an extremely high number of males 12 of 14...not sure what the problem is but i'm thinking maybe too much light stressed the plants...i had great ventilation...u think its just bad luck or is 18/6 less stressful on a plant...let u know how my "experiment" goes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chronic Chrissy

Chronic Chrissy Registered+

If.they.are.ging.outside.don't.go.24/0..The.drastic.decrease.in.lightcycle.even.if.it.isn't.12/12.could.trigger.flower..a.better.idea.is.to.match.your.areas.natural.lightcycle..

ps.I.highly.reccommend.18/6.the.dark.period.triggers.different.horomnes.needed.to.promote.healthy.root.growth.

• Like Like x 1