PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

How much water do you fill your bong with?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Dutch Masta, Jan 11, 2007.

?

How much water in your bong?

1. A - Slide not submerged in water

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. B - Slide partially submerged in water

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. C - Slide fully submerged in water

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  4. Other (??) (no water?)

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Dutch Masta

Dutch Masta Registered+

just curious what everyone does with this.. never really been sure of which way is the proper way to do this.. i attatched a quick little paint diagram too :jointsmile:

Attached Files:

2. Cautios

Cautios Registered+

Well, I'd assume submerged, same as a hookah/shisha. Since that is how it would seem the air would be cooled and the like.

3. i use ice only in my bong now.. no water.

4. SpaceCaptainDimi

SpaceCaptainDimi Registered+

...if you don't even have the downstem in the water, it's completely useless to be using a bong.

5. pixel

pixel Registered+

if anyone chooses #1 you're an idiot go back to your pipe its the exact same thing

6. mr_vega

mr_vega Registered+

you're right. why use a bong if you dont submerge the slide??

7. MastaChronic

MastaChronic Banned

i get the slide deep in the water so that it makes a real nice bubbling noise.

8. SmokingPlatypus

SmokingPlatypus Registered+

The point of a bong is so that the smoke will be filtered slightly/cooled by the water/ice/other fluid that you have in there. For this to be accomplished, the smoke has to go from bowl > stem > water > chamber > mouth. If it's out of the water, then you will not get the benefit of water, and then you're basically just smoking a fancy pipe. The longer distance that the smoke has to travel through the water (or ice, or other liquid), the more filtering/cooling you get.

9. synesthetic

synesthetic Registered

The slide needs to be fully submerged and also deep enough to produce a good strong bubbling. Otherwise I find the smoke way too hot and unpleasant tasting.

I had no idea people used bongs without submerging slides. That doesn't seem effective since the smoke doesn't have much contact with the water. Well, I guess many prefer that.

10. biohazard

biohazard Registered+

the more water the more it cleans and cools the smoke... so i fully submerge my slide

11. Dutch Masta

Dutch Masta Registered+

i feel like the more i submerge it, the less smoke i end up getting so i try not to completely submerge it anymore. Its not like the water is doing anything but cooling it, its not gonna get you higher and it wouldnt "just be like a pipe" either because even with no water its more like a giant pipe, and any less water just makes room for even more smoke. but it could just be my bong :thumbsup:

12. b0Ng h!tz 4 mE

b0Ng h!tz 4 mE Registered+

I just make sure the waters above the bottom of the stem.. but about an inch high of water should do it, depends on the bong really and how high the stem is.. oh and dont forget the ice :bonghit:

13. Chronic.Tonic

Chronic.Tonic Registered+

When I first read this I picked partialy submerged because I thought fully submerged was like near water puring out the downstem. I never used that much water, but when I used to own a bong I would just pour water in until it sounded right. Never looked at the depth just listen for the perfect bubble:D

14. Domiko

Domiko Registered+

To the brim.

/sarcastic

15. pixel

pixel Registered+

actually you can get higher the only way to get higher is to take bigger hits, the way that works is that it reaches the deeper part of the lung now take a look at this: http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/crr/types/thoracic/illustrations/images/lungs_front.jpg

the more Alveoli that are in use when you take your breath, the bigger the surface area of the smoke and more can get into your bloodstream at once.

when passing through the water cools the smoke, it gives you the ability to inhale more. it also lets you breath far deeper and hit your whole lung instead of a bit. when more THC enters your bloodstream at once you feel it far stronger than if you take little hits and let it enter slowly and gradually

the water also filters out a slight amount of shit you don't want in your lungs. granted its not a perfect filter it still hits a relatively good amoutn of carcinogens and keeps em in the water. thats why the water gets brown.

how many times have you not been able to take in more air after finishing a water filtered hit compared to your pipe? personally i never breathe in as much as i posisbly can when using a pipe or ill cough my ass off and i really dont cough easily anymore

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  16. Dutch Masta

Dutch Masta Registered+

Yup I see what you mean. But leaving the slide only partially submerged in the water also allows the unsubmerged half of the pipe for air to pass through in its place, so I actually prefer the way it hits with a lot less effort this way.

17. nikweiser

nikweiser Registered+

bongs are ment to be atleast halfway up the female piece... they are suppose to perk a lot and you hit it slow so you dont get any water in your mouth
    and all my female pieces are usually ending up at the bottom of the bong.. not cutting short halfway..
    your poll is kinda weird but it makes sense

18. aznson01

aznson01 Guest

idiot hahaha u have to have the downstem in water, thats kind of the purpose of a bong....

19. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

Well the slide tube has to be in the water otherwise you're just smoking a dry pice, with water in the bottom.

I cover mind in #3 I guess. I cover it about 1/4 an inch or so.

20. lil josh

lil josh Registered+

so the slide is fully submerged