PAX2 Vaporizer

How much water is too much??

Discussion in 'Hydroponics' started by jenabean, Jan 10, 2011.

1. jenabean

jenabean Registered

I have a budding plant in a 5 gallon bucket. I never was quite sure how much water should be in the bucket. Above the roots or right below the roots? Any help is appreciated.

2. KIMJONGIL

KIMJONGIL Registered+

I water it until the soil is moist - NOT WET!!!

that's most important. And I sometimes like to let the soil dry just a little bit before I water again. I think the plants like that.

3. jenabean

jenabean Registered

It is hydroponic plant so there is no soil. Just wondering how far up the bucket the water should be. Thanks.

4. tinytoon

tinytoon Registered+

my 5 gallon dwc buckets have a 6" netbasket and run 3 gallons of water.

5. MaryJayne420

MaryJayne420 Registered+

This works for me...

I run a DWC 5 gallon system and i put 4.2 gallons of water in there with the basket filled with Hydroton. I make sure that the water never raises above 1/4 of an inch above the rockwool cube that is surrounded by Hydroton rocks. Once the root expands, it will reach towards the bottom of the bucket.

I keep my water/nute solution slightly visible so I can see the bubbles just below the top of the Hydroton. The plant will eventually find it's way to the source of the water/nutes by itself.

Hope this helps...

6. jenabean

jenabean Registered

Thanks. This helped. I must have had the level too high this whole time.

7. jenabean

jenabean Registered

Thanks for your info. Is there a post noobs can refer to that would have information like "Hydroponics for Dummies"?