How to keep weed fresh

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by egyptian stoner, Jul 13, 2005.

1. egyptian stoner

egyptian stoner Registered

I just bought a half ounce of some hybrid northen light and big bud. i am just wondering how i should store it and of ways to keep it fresh. My dealer gave me one big nug, so should i break it up or just keep pinching off that big nug.

1 person likes this.
  2. sheist

sheist Registered+

keep pinching off the nug... if u break it up, u increase the surface area..

think of it like the reverse effect of a hand..

a slap: fingers are spread out, increased surface area, less effect on opponent
    a punch: fingers are balled together, less surface area, knock a motherfucker out

its the opposite effect..

3. Ganj

Ganj Registered+

i would suggest a mason jar. they are air tight, and your stash looks damn good when it's stored in it...

i'm high.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  4. Miss Green

Miss Green Registered+

This is what I would do.

I would pinch some of the nug each time you have a smoke so that the bud stay together and so the resin doesn't come off as much.Also for storing your bud I would ethier use a jar doesn't really matter as long as it's air tight and or I sometimes use the zip seal bags it keeps it fresh and smells lush every time you open the bag. :D :cool:

5. BluntArtist

BluntArtist Registered+

buy a pack of 6 ziplock containers-$2.99 Kroger ...serves the same purpose as a mason jar...probably lasts as long, and you won't hear questions like:"What the fuck are you keeping your weed in a mason jar for?"

6. Ganj

Ganj Registered+

well, it all depends on how long you plan on having the marijuana stored. if you have a large amount that isn't going to be smoked in one sitting, then it's best that it is stored in a mason jar, opposed to if you stored it in a ziploc bag, there is possibility of condensation in the bag...and moisture is not good for your dried marijuana.

7. Ganj

Ganj Registered+

you must excuse me...i'm high. for some reason i thought marijuana emitted vapors...ha.

just ignore the part where i said that there is a possibility of condensation in the bag.

8. stankystank

stankystank Registered+

put it in the freezer keep it fresh

1 person likes this.
  9. sToNeDpEnGuIn420

sToNeDpEnGuIn420 Registered+

Use a clip jar(mason jar). Thats what i use and my shit is always fresh, just like when i got it, lol unless i get stoned and ACCIDENTLY leave it out. Lol

10. Oli

Oli Registered+

If it does dry out, put it in a container with a small peice of orange peel for a couple of hours. Try not to let the orange touch your bud incase you get bud rot.

11. Fengzi

Fengzi Registered+

Whenever I buy a large amount I vacuum seal it. I've had bud sealed up for 6 months that smokes just as good as the day I bought it.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Hempamasta

Hempamasta Registered+

Those things rock the damn world.

13. agapaga

agapaga Registered

these are worth checking out, they are packets, very cool, used for keeping cigars and pipe tobacco at just the right humidity level ("Save My Stash") www.savemystash.com
    They are unbelievable, no maintenance, works great

14. Ub3rB0ng

Ub3rB0ng Registered+

Dont put it in the freezer it dries it out,thats the worst thing you can do. if you wanna do it right use a mason jar like others have mentioned.

15. jebus2029

jebus2029 Registered+

make sure it has been cured before long term storage in the mason jar. Or open the jar everyday to let excess moisture out. Once it's dry and cured it will be even better

16. CaptainDankNuggets

CaptainDankNuggets Registered+

Evenn when not curing your bud you should keep it an airtight jar and open it a few times a day so you bud doesn't get moldy and stays fresh!

17. Markass

Markass Registered+

mason jar seems to work fine for me

18. jebus2029

jebus2029 Registered+

Mason jars really are the best. Some people say plastic bags or jars give a flavor and degrade the aroma. I've used plastic jars and haven't noticed anything bad but plastic baggies are not very efficient in my opinion. Buds always end up to dry by the end of the bag. I keep them in different sized jars depending on how much I have. At walmart you can get cases of jars. Might be more than you need but they aren't very expensive. Like $8 for a set of 12. The smallest ones are great for a quarter of dense nugs. While the medium sized ones can hold a half ounce of fluffy nugs. If you have serious weight then get the quart sized jars. I try to keep the jar at about 80% full.

19. agapaga

agapaga Registered

just smoke it up really fast;)

20. weedlover714

weedlover714 Registered+

the best place to store it is in your lungs. ha.