hydrocodone-acetaminophen

Discussion in 'Pain Management and Other Drugs' started by t20000, Jun 2, 2015.

1. t20000

t20000 Registered+

Vicodin
    Norco

Vicodin contains a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. These are pain killers. Hydrocodone is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone.

Consult with your doctor for more information on this medication for pain management

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Widow White

The Widow White Registered+

Mornin' T. A little to add to your above post. Always consider the fact that these drugs are HIGHLY addictive. It takes the body very little time to realize that it really likes this stuff and wants it on a regular basis. Addiction to narcotic pain killers, mostly the oxycodone(s) has done more damage to the young (and old) in the last 10 years in this country that anything I've ever seen in my 51 years on this earth. Trust me, it's a road you don't want to go down willingly. Once you find yourself addicted to this stuff and you realize the pure "hell" it is to get off them, it's usually WAY too late and it's been my experience that the majority of people don't have the will power to do it on their own. So....if you're in REAL PAIN take a pain pill. But if you're looking for a buzz, go another route...the marijuana route would be my choice. Not having MJ is no fun, but it's never thrown my body into the chaos that coming off pain pills did. Just a little "speaking from experience FYI" here. LOL Happy trails! TWW

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. painretreat

painretreat Registered+

A thread worth adding more information for others in a similar situation!
    If you go down the road of prescription medications..eventually Methadone and other opiates will be on your menu' one for this and that pill for the side-effects, anti-depressants to curb the pain and depression often associated with it, sleeping pills ...etc. etc... Methadone would be an opiate you'll possibly be placed on for 24/7 pain control. That stuff is very wicked and often cause's cessation of breathing. Fortunate for me, I found this site and learned how to get myself completely off those medications, before it happened to me. I simply quit my pain meds, took a vacation without any meds--not even cannabis and ended up home the following morning for those darn pills and that just made me more determined to stop those.

I probably could have quit the opiates without the Medicinal Marijuana but, who says getting off deadly drugs has to be painful and unpleasant? I believe in all the comfort and joy Dr. Bud gives me. :victorious: pr

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Esteban1

Esteban1 Registered+

Same story With everyone that meet. "Took the "red pill" & fell into chaos within a few short months. Detox sweats, cramping, nausea". The list is way too long for symptoms. Summed up its pure unadulterated hell so take the "blue pill" & live in harmony

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Opiates has costed me a lot! Take it from people that been their. If you need to talk about addiction PM me. It starts with pain pills. And your finishing scripts early. Then your Buying scripts. Then to heroin. Cuz it's cheeper! I lost my best friend to heroin! And I'm almost off methadone myself. But leme tell you I started with hydros and oxys. The hell I've been through these past 6 years is not worth it. Thank god for Marijuana it keeps me sane and sober. And I can tell you Ibe been sober off all that garbage for 2 years. Thanks to MJ. She gets me through everyday.... kinda like therapy. Anyways You get hooked on them things fast trust me! Don't start!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1