I smoked for the first time...nothing happened

Discussion in 'Experiences' started by CharlizeBrown, Dec 30, 2017.

1. CharlizeBrown

CharlizeBrown Registered

So I smoked for the first time yesterday and nothing happened. I smoked a whole joint. I tried again today and nothing happened. Burned the shit out if my throat, but that's it. Should I try eating it? Wtf is going on?

• Like Like x 1
  2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

It is common not to feel it the first time. It is my belief that a virgin body absorbs the cannabinoids on that first dose and fills the receptors that we know exist. Along with that, being a newbie, you might have been ripped off. If you smoked what I produce, you would get stoned. I would try a different source and/or a different variety if this first purchase fails to produce a high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

My very first time, I was with my cousin. I was probably around 14-15 years old. Super high metabolism skinny as a rail and we passed a joint back and forth just the 2 of us. I remember that I didn’t really feel anything. I’m pretty sure I didn’t feel anything because I sort of wiped out on his Honda 80 minibike and I didn’t feel a thing. The bike was okay and I was okay. He got mad. I didn’t think it was all that big a deal. So consciously no I didn’t notice anything. But my actions and responses say otherwise.
    But the second time I kinda got light headed. Third time. Yeah. I felt it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

It's pretty common that people don't get high the first time they smoke weed. I wonder if scientists ever figured out why. /shrug

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aliens

Aliens Registered+

That probably wasn't weed man. Weed is magic always with a buzz...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

You must not have seen a lot of newbies smoking their first time... it is definitely a thing. I didn't feel it the first time either. This is more common than you think and I have seen it happen (or not happen as it were) many times. My own grandmother, tried it for the first time several years ago with us and we all had a great time watching her not get high. The next time she got as silly as the rest of us, but that first time will be a hilarious memory for the rest of my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I didn't get high either the first time I smoked weed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. onjig

onjig Registered+

Interesting ~ We friend and I smoked a fat roach ~ nothing ~ then as we were walking across the street ~ on the way to or from school ~ in the middle of the street as were crossing ~ we got the laugh ~ we laughed until we fell down ~ stumbled and crawled to the other side ``` I can't imagine smoking something serious and nothing happening ~ but if it truly happen ~ that's it ```

• Like Like x 1
  9. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

It was weed buddy. It was obvious. My cousin was ripped. Chinese eyed. And his bag had a lot of seeds. There was no mistaking what it was.

• Funny Funny x 1