IBS-D solutions

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by Drew185, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Drew185

Drew185 Registered

I've been combing through your message boards and related websites for answers about how marijuana might help my IBS-D. But google searches come back with breathless clickbait and wildly conflicting information about effectiveness and legality. I'm completely new to this and need answers to specific questions about my situation. I'll do the research myself if you can point me in the right direction. I'll also list some of my questions here.

Is there a reliable resource that can offer answers? Is it here on this site?

-I'm a disabled veteran with IBS-D and severe back pain (likely caused by side effects of extreme IBS). I've been through countless VA and civilian doctors who have no idea how to treat it. Several sources suggested that marijuana might help. But I live in Virginia and I've never dealt with marijuana in any way before. So I need to figure out how everything works.

-Do I need to go to another state like Colorado?
    -Do I need to go to a medical professional to get a recommendation (since they say prescriptions are illegal)? If so, how long does that take? Who do I go to?
    -Or can I get some products myself that will help?
    -What's the price range to get something that will help?
    -I looked at an encyclopedia of types and sorted by strains that help IBS, which didn't really narrow it down much. So almost anything will help? Is there any way to know what would be best? Or is it ok to just get anything and be confident it will help?

Lots of questions.

Thanks for any help.

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Wish I had lots of answers for you.
    You can try searching for grannystormcrow.
    She keeps a listing of maladies treatable with cannabis.
    Those of us that have not experienced IBS can not truly sympathize.
    But we do care.
    And cannabinoids maintain homeostasis, so it should help, but I honestly do not know.
    I do know that it will cause you no harm.

The very best way to obtain medical cannabis is to plant and grow your own.
    Cdot has Herbie's seeds. I have not bought from them yet because this site is so flakey lately.
    But I did just receive a shipment from Gorilla seeds in the UK.
    They seem to know what they are doing.

Sure, it will take about 4 months to have any usable meds, but you will know that they are pesticide free. That is quite important for people with digestive problems.

I extract the resin from the buds and ingest ~70mg. of that oil daily to treat prostate cancer. It is working quite well.
    I also used RSO to put my dog's cancer into remission.
    So, as you can imagine, I'm a fan. :)

You will get plenty of very bad advice online. It's important that you do some serious research if only to know who to ignore.
    "Medicine in the hands of a fool, is poison. Poison, in the hands of the wise, can be medicine."

Virginia is not a medical state yet, and you usually have to establish residence in a medical state to obtain a doctor's recommendation.
    So you need to meet some pot smokers.
    And prices vary with legality and location.
    So, while I do not advise breaking the law
    I can advise ignoring the spammer/scammers that roll through here trolling for dummys.

If it were me, in a backwards state, I'd go downtown, hail a cab, and ask the driver.
    If you tell them your situation, 9 out of 10 will try to help.

That's all I got for now. Dog's dancing at me. :)

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard