PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Ice in bong.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by JR77, Dec 19, 2006.

1. JR77

JR77 Registered+

I know this has been discussed here before, but what does everyone think about putting ice in a bong....Some people were saying it is really bad for you....I do it all the time and I was just wondering what people's personal experiences were? I guess it can't be much worse than smoking in general?!

2. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

I don't see how it can be bad for you. I only have a bubbler rite now but i'm getting a new bong soon. I'll put ice in it if i feel like it.

3. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

I prefer ice or ice water in a bong/bubbler. It cools the smoke very nicely. I prefer the ice though. I can just slide a few cubes in the top of my bong, and when I'm done, just take them back out with very little water drainage in my bong. Usinh water I find kind of fogs up my bong and has a musky taste after, so I like ice or the infamous rice (dry) in my bong. :)

4. JR77

JR77 Registered+

I never did try the rice....I forgot about that! I usually put a little water and crushed ice in my bong....definitely cools it down!

5. Epic

Epic Registered+

There is no way cold air could be bad for you. I, however, do not enjoy it. It always makes it harder to hit for me. Have you ever left a warm room in the middle of winter to go outside and choked for a second when you tried to inhale the cold air? It does that to me.

6. JR77

JR77 Registered+

That's interesting...for some reason it hits smoother for me with the ice. But I get that choke feeling, too when it's really cold outside...someone told me that it's bad for your lungs to put ice in the bong...who knows?!

7. lil josh

lil josh Registered+

yer i like ice in a bong allows me to take much bigger hits :) i usually put about 4 ice cubes and some water ma bong is only a lil baby tho :)

8. Skink

Skink Registered+

eggs,bacon and hashbrowns are supposed to be bad too... I would not worry about ice in your bong...

9. Markass

Markass Registered+

I put ice water in my bong when I smoke. It hits harder and tastes better. :stoned:

10. smoke it

smoke it Registered+

warm water----filters out the tar and shit better

ice----gives a smoother hit

if your worried about your health, use warm water. i smoke cigs anyway, so fuck it :bonghit:

11. gs8778

gs8778 Registered+

wtf?!?

12. Skink

Skink Registered+

never heard of or thought of rice,,,lots of surface area to absorbe tar... I must try it...

13. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

There was a huge thread about rice in a bong. I haven't tried it but you can do it. Still, ice > rice imo.

14. Cannab1sman

Cannab1sman Registered

Hiya,

No, cold air from a bong would not cause you any problems. There have been documented links between drinking ice-cold drinks and throat cancer (the main reason I drink all cold liquids at room temperature) and there is evidence that boiling hot liquids do the same. But cold air only has the real possibility of causing a paralysis of the cilia that line the air passages. and frankly the smoke does that within 30 seconds to 2 minutes anyway!

In fact, one of the real advantages of ice in a bong (with or without water) would be to dramatically cool the smoke down thereby probably reducing your risk of throat cancer (although the smoke particles itself would not be 'healthy')

The only exception to this would be that people with Asthma would possibly precipitate an attack from the cold air, just as they would breathing in freezing air outside on a cold day.

Other than that, no worries.

Ciao,

Cannab1sman (doctor)

15. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

The water in bongs does filter out carcinogens, right?

16. MastaChronic

MastaChronic Banned

ive put tea leaves in my bong water beofre, it gives it a nice taste

17. Cannab1sman

Cannab1sman Registered

Hi,

No, not really. It allows some of the particles to dissolve into the water but not a great deal of it does actually get dissolved because of the small amount of time its in contact with the water. Also tar is a lipid (fat) soluble particle which means that its hydrophobic (scared of water) and does not dissolve well or even at all in water. A small amount gets mixed with the bubbles created when drawing on the bong and gets stuck to the sides of the bong (that brown crud that sticks to the glass above the level of the water). Its mainly this method of the tar sticking to the sides that helps cut down on total tar in a bongs smoke. (I like the rice idea!!!!) Now you'd need a better solvent to filter out the tar (which has most of the cancer causing agents) but that'd mean using something like alcohol which would be a bad idea due to fires etc... Of course making a drink with the alcohol afterwards would give a pretty big kick!!! ;)

Sorry if this does'nt reassure you but the only safe way to avoid the carcinogens in weed is to avoid the weed altogether (not gonna happen)

:)

Cannab1sman

PS: Smoke from cannabis contains about 60 or so known carcinogens of which about 10 or so are known to cause cancer in humans and the rest are assumed to cause cancer.

18. wadejason

wadejason Registered+

i like to fill my phx with hot water and ice cuz i think it hits smoothest like that. cold water and ice gives me a really dry smoke. i like having a big bong and hot water cuz it kinda creates this water vapor like feeling, much smoother i think. i feel like i can recover from hot water hits better than cold water and ice.

19. b0Ng h!tz 4 mE

b0Ng h!tz 4 mE Registered+

hot water and ice?

i might try that :)

20. lmao, bad for you... lmao... lmao..

ice is the ONLY thing i put in my bong, no water, just ice to cool the smoke...