PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

intake filter

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by potofgold, Jan 17, 2010.

1. potofgold

potofgold Registered+

i wanted to run a intake fan in my grow room to bring in fresh air in from out side, what should i use to make sure i don't bring in bugs? it will be on the out side of my house so cant look suspicious. last time i got spider mites and i want to try to avoid them from now on...lol.

ive been told pantyhose work but was looking for other ideas?

2. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

The fabric you put over audio speakers. :thumbsup:

3. potofgold

potofgold Registered+

will that stop spider mites? ur talking about that thin stuff right, that gose over house speakers?

4. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

Yeah that's the stuff. I'm not sure how small the mites can get though, but just to be sure you can double or triple the layers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. potofgold

potofgold Registered+

right on bro just looked at my speakers and that stuff will work great. now i just have to find where i can buy some at because i don't think the wife would like me for taking the one from my strearo speaker..lol. +rep for sure. thanks bro.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

No problem :thumbsup:

I know the feeling, I have a wife here also to contend with at times :jointsmile:

7. lampost

lampost Registered+

Just go get a furnace filter at home depot or another hardware store! Why destroy your speaker when you can EASILY get something that was actually built for filtering!

• Like Like x 1
  8. lampost

lampost Registered+

Hey, so what happened with your spider mites? Did they destroy your crop? Were you succesful in containing them? Eliminating them? What did you use?

Sorry, I just got them on some clones I brought home for my first grow and I'm REALLY curious about people's experiences with them. I'm hoping I can completely eliminate them with a No Pest Strip!

Oh yeah, I've also heard on here you can get a filter for a shop-vac at walmart. This is good if you have a circular intake as it's about 6". It supposedly fits on 6" air-cooled reflectors really well and you can use it for those...

9. potofgold

potofgold Registered+

they killed my crop, i was already into the latter weeks of flowering so i couldn't use any harsh chemicals. after that i hung a no pest strip and i never seen then again. i also have flora mite buy haven't used it yet.

10. potofgold

potofgold Registered+

i was just thinking that last night, get a 3m filter and use that. thanks bro +rep.
    anyone know what size filter to keep spider mites and eggs out?