Is my condition covered?

Discussion in 'Washington (WA)' started by anonymosmoker, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. anonymosmoker

    anonymosmoker Registered

    Hello, I was looking at the conditions listed for qualification at Washington Medical Marijuana, Medical Marijuana Initiative 692

    The specific part I was looking at was

    any disease, including anorexia, which results in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, and/or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments.

    That was just recently added in 08 to the qualifying list of conditions, so im not sure how educated doctors are about this..

    I have HSV-2 and HSV-1 that gives me eating and weight loss problems, but eating some cooked MJ clears up my outbreaks almost immediately.

    My condition effects me to the point where i cant work because of the chronic symptoms and the embarrassment doesn't help much, trying medicine like valtrex and others only gives me nausea. Smoking improves my daily life tremendously.

    Do you think my condition is qualified? My own opinion is that i qualify multiple times. But how hard would it be to get a doctor to sign the form? And because the condition is so serious would it still takes 3+ doctor visits? I mean its a pretty clear diagnoses that obviously isnt going away anytime soon.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. MeLoco

    MeLoco Registered+

    I'm not sure anyone can answer your question except a real doctor. I suggest going to see one. There's a place here in Washington called CBR Medical (Google it), you can go talk to the doctors there, if they approve you it'll cost $200 - If not, it doesn't cost anything. You will either walk out with the same $200 you walked in with, or you will walk out with your authorization. They have clinics every weekend.

    Good Luck

Share This Page