PAX2 Vaporizer

Is this bud rot ?

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by budman326, Oct 7, 2008.

1. budman326

budman326 Registered

Hey . I live in eastern Ontario , and I just harvested most of my Vortex-romulin diesel crossed plants .grown outdoors .Buds and leaves around were going purplish black . started in the bottom and went up the past few weeks .some buds went very dark . I don't see any white powder like mold spores . Is this bud rot or just nutrient deficiency? Can I smoke the dark buds? This also happened a couple of yrs ago with indica plants. Cheers!:Rasta:

Attached Files:

2. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

I can't really tell......it may be the color of your leaves. Do the affected areas break off easily and seem less healthy than the green parts? I had a few plants with bud rot and it was hard to tell.....the only way I could be really sure was that the rotted sections literally just "fell" off the plant when touched. Then INSIDE the bud it was rotted but you couldn't really tell from the outside of the bud just by looking.

What's the relative humidity of your grow area?

3. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

PS...DONT smoke or use any rotted parts!!

4. budman326

budman326 Registered

The buds do not fall apart , they are not spongy they are dense . they pics are of a small bud , but some are darker .they are very sticky .just very dark

5. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

Looks like just the coloring of the plant to me but might be wise to wait for another opinion to stop by just to be on the safe side. ;)

PS.....when I found it in my plants I only saw it because I reached for a leaf to pull the plant closer to me (so not having to touch the bud itself) and the whole healthy looking leaf popped right off with no effort whatsoever. If your leaves are strong feeling (can you pick up a bud by the outer leaf?. If it breaks off I'd wonder.......) you're probably ok..

Cold weather can turn some leaves or strains turn purple in colder weather. Do you live in a cold area?

6. budman326

budman326 Registered

The leaves are strong ,the plant looks healthy ,8.5' tall , ,and I do live ina cold climate,been wet too . but it started weeks ago , before frost. frost was last week

7. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

my vote (for what it's worth) would be for purple coloring on your otherwise tasty looking bud.

8. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

Looks like cold temps on a purple strain... look up the subcool stuff; a lot of TGA gear goes purp in cold temps. Nice.

9. budman326

budman326 Registered

Thanks budman, I'll put one vote in the "Smoke It" column

10. budman326

budman326 Registered

Thats 2votes . Thanks

11. budman326

budman326 Registered

Here's the 2 plants

Attached Files:

12. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

ummm....I think you mean trees. Nice! Glad it's just the coloring and not rot on two beauties like that. :thumbsup:

13. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

btw....Stinky's vote would be all I needed......she's very trustworthy....completely unlike myself. :D

Happy toking. :)

14. budman326

budman326 Registered

Thanks again

15. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

Pish posh.
    Nice trees though.

16. godzira

godzira Registered

Those are some huge trees! Merry Christmas

17. xRedDUBdeRx