Joint or Pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Wishville, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Wishville

Wishville Registered+

A friend told me that a pipe will get you higher than a joint but before I had a pipe I used to smoke joints and I remember getting a lot higher. This may be because my tolerance was lower but I thought I'd ask you guys what you think. So which gets you higher? A Joint or a glass pipe?

P.S. Sorry if this has already been discussed

2. U4E uh

U4E uh Registered+

Usually joints get me higher becuase the hits are a lot harder, but I still don't prefer them becuase I find myself smoking all of my weed at once when it comes in a joint.

3. ThatTokenWhiteGuy

ThatTokenWhiteGuy Registered+

I'd say they're pretty close for me. Pipe might be slightly more efficient if it's a decent glass. Probably 2 bowls to get me as stoned as a personal joint and the joint might take a bit more weed. Although, some people post around here that joints have one of the highest THC transfer rates. So I'll say, pipes are slightly more efficient for me.

4. Pride

Pride Registered+

Joints get you higher.. it's something about the paper that does it.

5. Wishville

Wishville Registered+

well my bowl just isnt doing the job and I dont want to have to smoke two fat bowls just to be satisfied

6. Wishville

Wishville Registered+

I can't really get much better weed seeing as how I'm smoking Northern Lights and I just went over a month without smoking so my tolerance should be pretty low.

7. Up In Smoke 420

Up In Smoke 420 Registered+

It would have to be bowls for me. For some reason I just never get as high off joints compared to bowls.

8. Maniac777

Maniac777 Registered+

Well depends, joint get you slightly higher, at a larger cost of weed, but they are easier and less hassle..

So technically, joints get you higher, though at a fairly steep price, I guess a glass blunt would work best.

9. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

Joints have more weed in them then bowls. Therefore, joints should get you higher.

10. Maniac777

Maniac777 Registered+

Not necessarily, alot of the weed in blunts and joints burn before you get a chance to smoke it.

11. josh g

josh g Registered+

If the pipe has a big chamber and a carb maybe, than means you get bigger hits.
    It doesnt really matter which one you use, all that matters is how much u ultimately consume...

12. WeedLovingVeteran

WeedLovingVeteran Registered+

Right I have had 6 very niceeee joints already this morning and its on 10am. But I just made a make shift bong from a two litre bottle of coke, tin foil, straw and a pen and I am considerably more blitzed.

My head goes all over the place when I get fucked in the morning.....I still have loads of shit to do but Im far too blitzed and dont really want to move. Exept to the kitchen for a FAT munch.

Toodle O

13. Kezmondo

Kezmondo Registered+

Paper never got anyone high dude. But joints are better than pipes for gettin higher, pipes take longer for me:Rasta:
    Peace

14. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

Yes, THC is always burning away when smoking a joint. How much do we lose? Who knows. I was just saying if you were smoking say 0.3 in a bowl and like 0.7 in a joint, then the joint would prob get you higher. Even though it's constantly burning if you're consuming then there should be little loss.

15. KEGS

KEGS Registered+

Most of the time i smoke joint's but when i'm at the house i'll
    smoke a few bowels but i dont like the tast when it get's too dirty
    I guss if I had a nice glass Bong I would smoke out of that most
    of the time.
    Have a Great Day Peace
    G

16. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Registered+

My experience has been that a joint will get you higher. Typically, a joint is about 2 or 3 bowls worth of herb. So you figure if you take that to the head, you're definately smoking more than just a bowl. However, I prefer pipes to help control the odor.

17. JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia Registered+

Since joints are continually burning, they will waste weed, so it will probably take more weed to get high.

18. Maniac777

Maniac777 Registered+

But bowels can easily make up the diff, even if it does end up being just a lil nug saved, thats good weed, never let good weed go to waste, thats like Stoner Morals #2

Though there is something to be said of having a good pre-rolled joint all to yourself.

19. Cloud997

Cloud997 Registered+

I commonly use a bowl, it's quicker, cleaner, and more efficient. I'll smoke a joint or a blunt on certain occasions, and I generally get hit really hard from the joint, but that is because I smoke a lot more green when smoking a J than I do using a bowl, so I don't really have a preference, I guess I was unhelpful, sorry.
    :)

20. tajinternational

tajinternational Registered