PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

LadyBugs ??

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by hey seuss, Nov 28, 2004.

1. hey seuss

hey seuss Registered

Anyone know if adding ladybugs is a good or bad thing???

2. Torog

Torog Registered+

Howdy seuss,

Yes,adding lady-bugs is a good thing..they eat all sorts of nasty critters that like to eat your mj plants. You can even buy them in some garden centers.

Have a good one...Torog

3. Euphoric

Euphoric Registered+

lady bugs are voracious predators.. if you have a pest problem they will start munching those lil bugs up (esp. aphids). they dont eat plants..

interesting link with some basic ladybug info http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/ladybug.html

4. Encatuse

Encatuse Registered

That's awesome. If I hadn't heard it from Torog I can say I never would have believed it. ^.^ w00t. I was wondering why this lady with a greenhouse had a sign that said she sold ladybugs... I thought maybe it was for like little kids entertainment or something, heh.

5. Imotep

Imotep Registered+

my vege garden is full of em.
    red ones, orange ones, yellow ones.
    the yellow ones eat fungus.
    wonders will never cease aye.

6. llamaman666

llamaman666 Registered+

praying mantis is also a good predetor for the grow room.

7. cannabinoid

cannabinoid Registered

I made the mistake of using scotts soil from home depot and it produced an aphid infestation from hell. A guy at texashydroponics told me to use diatomaceious earth, which finally brought them under control. But if it happens again then I'll use lady bugs. It's less messy

8. kuulbns

kuulbns Registered+

I have two species of ladybugs in my grow room. I was told that the commonly known "red" ladybug will eat aphids and some other pests. The lighter colored "yellow" (they actually look orange) ladybug eats fungus. I got the information from an agriculteral grad I know that works for the local University, (also the ladybugs) lol. Kuu

9. fasts102376

fasts102376 Registered+

tiger bloom

hello all.. does anybody use tiger bloom 2-8-4? ifso is that strong enough for flowering stage or should i use stronger fert? i'm in soil..;) sorry i put this post in wrong place:(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  10. Sparrow

Sparrow Banned

Nice in bringing this thread back. Euphorics link is amazing. Who would have thought that is what they look like originally.

http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/ladybug.html

I used to have a white house in the country and I came home one day and there were thousands of lady bug on the sunny side of my house.

Tiger bloom is plenty strong enough in the potassium range.

11. BOYZNUS

BOYZNUS Registered+

QUESTION:...... WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM CUTE LITTLE LADYBUGS WHEN THERE ARE NO BAD BUGS TO EAT? DO THEY SELL LADYBUG FOOD? POOR THINGS'LL STARVE.:(

12. chisme

chisme Registered

mmmmm where do they lay their eggs? i wouldnt wanna smoke bud full of lady bug eggs

13. Sparrow

Sparrow Banned

Do you think the babies could crawl off the thc. Its like the best fucking glue in the world. Ever try getting resin of your hands? The only thing that works is essential oils. The organic air fresheners are killer.

14. Sparrow

Sparrow Banned

They dont really look like that. If they do they are damn small as I have never seen them have you? Try feeding mycelium and seal up your lights. You can spray soda on there backs so they cant fly if they are going to fly into the lamps after they shut off to keep warm then get blinded and baked when the lights come on. If you dont have shades its not a problem and they will stay if its warm enough. 85 is real good.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  15. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

NICE thred you learn something new everyday i never knew ladybirds were good for eating fucking pests maybe i should try some if that problem ever arises for me cheers allllllllll:)

16. Sparrow

Sparrow Banned

Peditor mites are better, cheers

17. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

what are them sparrow m8 :)

18. Sparrow

Sparrow Banned

google

19. busteruk7

busteruk7 Registered+

pmsl ok m8 :)