LED grow lights... input please.

Discussion in 'Indoor Lighting' started by turtle420, Oct 12, 2005.

1. redtails

redtails Registered+

It raises the temp a few degrees, compared to 20+ degrees for HID lights. I'm currently testing LEDs out for the second time, I have had a 4' long panel that's 150w for about 7 or so years now. It's good for veg and would be good commercially for budding if I had a warehouse and 20 of them. I prefer to keep my plant count to a minimum, so this time I got a 340w panel that's roughly 8"x12" and that should be enough to get a decent footprint for 2 or 3 plants.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's working very well for me. In two weeks of veg I went from this:
    WP_20150722_12_37_00_Pro.jpg

To this:
    WP_20150809_11_07_43_Pro.jpg

Plant on the right was the one pictured before and after one week under these LEDs I had to chop the top 3" off to keep it from getting too big!

Now I'm budding and we'll see how it performs. I don't expect results like my 600w HPS, but using less electricity and producing less heat to cool is worth it right now. I think I paid $65 for one of the cheap generic ones on Amazon. I'm hopeful that this light will be very worth it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Caribbean99

Caribbean99 Registered+

Wow! I'm impressed that you were able to achieve that with an inexpensive LED in such a short amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. growdemon

growdemon Registered+

LED grow lights... input please

here is what 2x California Lightworks solar flare 220's can do..

day 1 under... flare's

day 35 under solar flare's

DSCF8303.JPG DSCF8433.JPG DSCF8434.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. raymont

raymont Registered+

LED grown

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lednoob

Lednoob Registered

I'm on my 1st led experience and things seem to be going. I've got a 1000w black dog phytomax. I'm jus a bit overwhelmed at the extent of my led. I'm a noob and I'm not sure how to control my led.

6. DaveyBoyer

DaveyBoyer Registered

Everybody I know who switched to LEDs had worse yields at first. But after a few grows, they figured out that growing with LED is very different and they got their yields up to par. I've been thinking about getting some too, but the high price has been the deterrent so far.

7. MyPhilly

MyPhilly Registered+

So....how did things turn out?

8. EmilyTaylor

EmilyTaylor Registered

Why not go for a full-spectrum LED? It's good for every stage and can save you from the headache of when to switch lights.

9. EmilyTaylor

EmilyTaylor Registered

Just want to introduce some of my favorite LED Grow Lights: https://lovebackyard.com/led-grow-lights/. Hope you enjoy them like I do :)